PDA

View Full Version : The Ducks Are Champions!

Davyjones
06-06-2007, 11:20 PM
The Anaheim Ducks are the champions! :trophy: This was an awesome series (if you are a Ducks fan, I guess)! Pronger was the missing piece and I'm so glad he came to Anaheim. I've been following the Ducks ever since they entered the league in 1993. They forced the Senators to play at their tempo, and it worked! I was screaming at the TV the whole game. I'm sure my dog thinks I'm crazy.

Congratulations to the MIGHTY Ducks! They may have changed their name, but they will always be mighty to me!!!!!!!

mouseaddict
06-07-2007, 08:36 AM
As a die-hard Sens fan I congratulate your Ducks! Sens were terrible in the final..but the Ducks were great. Even though I am canadian, I hate Chris Pronger..but I LOVE the Niedermeyers..so that makes up for it!
Enjoy the victiry..hopefully my guys will pull it off next year!

Mickey'sGirl
06-07-2007, 08:55 AM
Yay!!! :clappy: As a Leafs fan, I am particularly happy to see the Sens loose (sorry mouseaddict!) . Did the Sens even show up last night? ;)

mouseaddict
06-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Sens did not show...sadly...but Mickeysgirl...Leafs still can't even BUY a cup! Maybe one day the Maple LAUGHS will make it.

Mickey'sGirl
06-07-2007, 10:59 AM
Sens did not show...sadly...but Mickeysgirl...Leafs still can't even BUY a cup! Maybe one day the Maple LAUGHS will make it.
:D

It hasn't happened in my lifetime.... A girl can dream though, right? ;)

mouseaddict
06-07-2007, 11:22 AM
LOL...I was a little worried after I posted that that I might have insulted you!
I think we are all dreaming if we think that the cup will ever come home again..but at least some good Canadian boys are winning! At least us Sens and Leafs fans can ageree on that one!

MMouse6937
06-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Well seeing as this was the lesser of two evils, I'm glad the ducks won. I hate the Sens and especially Ray Emery (sorry to Sens fans). Can't stand Chris Pronger, especially after the stunt he pulled on Tomas Holmstrom, but I really like Giggy so I'm glad he got his chance, Teemu too. As far as Detroit and my DH's Sabres, there's always next year!! :)

Juggalotus
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Pronger's a hack. He deserved at least 2, if not more for the cheap shot on McAmmond.

Glad to see Selanne finally get one though. He deserves it.

I wish the Sens would have shown up for this series, but it would also be nice if Emery wouldn't re-direct rebounds into the slot. I saw that cost them a few times.

JPL
06-07-2007, 05:24 PM
A Big Congrats to Nieds and his MVP honors :thumbsup: My Devils haven't been the same since he left us. I am really happy for him that he achieved his dream of winning a cup with his brother :D

mouseaddict
06-07-2007, 07:29 PM
JPL..To me the Niedermeyers were the highlight of the series. As far as Emery goes..can't stand him either...and I am a Sens fan. I too wish they had showed up for the finals. It would have made for some great hockey. Instead we got lacklustre play and a few cheap dives. Chris Pronger is a goon and I have never liked him..even in St Louis. Hopefully playing with a classy guy like Niedermeyer will influence him. The saddest part is the ratings are out and they are dismal..I just don't understand how people can find baseball more exciting than hockey:confused:

Chescat
06-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Yay Ducks! :woohoo::woohoo:

I don't normally post anything over here, but the one grip we had is the time the games were on during the week. Most of us in the L.A. area got home in the last 5 minutes of the games. (My husband ran through the door to watch the last 1 1/2 minutes last night and was screaming!). With traffic, most of the fans probably had to take the afternoon off to get to the game. If they want the West Coast numbers, have the games start at 6:00pm west coast time if one of our teams is in the finals. I doubt the central or mountain time people even watched this game.

Frankly, I think NBC has always been lacking in the coverage of sports finals or Olympics. I remember the famous Super Bowl incident where it was the last few minutes of the game and it was a close game. They changed over to showing Heidi! That had to be the biggest blunder in sports history.

JPL
06-07-2007, 09:32 PM
The saddest part is the ratings are out and they are dismal..I just don't understand how people can find baseball more exciting than hockey:confused:

Well NBC is a joke to begin with it's coverage. And I hate to say it but as much as Bettman loves his small market teams they won't bring in the ratings for him. Add to the mix the East and West time difference and I know most of my friends on the West Coast couldn't even watch the game they weren't home from work yet with the 8 PM start Eastern time.

Melanie
06-08-2007, 01:14 AM
I think it's kinda sad that I'm in Anaheim, was at the ESPN Zone at Downtown Disney last night, and I would have never known the Ducks won the Cup had someone I'm with not told me. Weird!

Juggalotus
06-08-2007, 04:38 PM
The problem is that Fan's in Detroit got screwed through 2 rounds because our road games (Calgary and San Jose) didn't start until 10pm. That's a slap in the face to the fans, most of whom couldn't stay up to watch because we had work the next day.

I think its been said before, but I'll repeat it again. The best move David Stern ever made for the NBA was to recommend Gary Bettman to the NHL Board of Governors to run the league.

He has over-expanded and under-exposed the league. He's tried to take history out of the game in an effort to expand it to markets that don't care to begin with (conference/division name changes). He's already had 2 labor stoppages under his watch. In almost 70 years previous, there wasn't one. Now we've had 2.

The guys is a joke and owes every single fan an apology right before he steps down. The unfortunate part is that only the Canadian announcers (Ron McLean in particular) are willing to stand up to him. The American's (at least at the national level) all have their lips surgically attached to his back-side.

Sorry about the rant, but I'm just absolutely tired of what he has done to the #1 league of a sport I love.

mouseaddict
06-10-2007, 11:38 PM
I totally agree with the rant about Bettman. I love hockey..grew up at the Montreal Forum..The first NHL game I ever went to was Patrick Roy's very first game! Hockey is a fantastic sport, but it is being ruined. It is very depressing. I am glad to see that some of my fellow Intercotees outside of Canada enjoy hockey.
See ya at the rink in Sept!