PDA

View Full Version : What's so special about the AKL pool?

DisneyGiant
06-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Just curious why DVCers aren't allowed to pool hop there.

I understand the Beach Club restriction - that is one cool pool.

But I've never read anything special about the AKL pool.........

TammiMcMan
06-07-2007, 04:29 AM
I believe the reason is capacity driven, more so than pool theme. AKL currently only has 1 pool for all their guests (no quiet pool yet).

auntfrannie
06-07-2007, 05:21 AM
To me there was nothing special about it that would make me want to go out of my way to swim there. The slide is more of a kiddy slide, unlike the Poly slide which the kids in my group really liked. They took one look at the AKL slide and passed on it.

Jeri Lynn
06-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Other than being zero entry which is great for little kids I was not overly impressed with the AKL pool, however it was relaxing to sit around it and enjoy the scenery, during my visit there I watched this one little lizard think he was a bully and it was a riot!

Willowwind
06-07-2007, 08:41 AM
I agree with Tammi, it's got to be a capacity thing. The zero entry is nice and it's got lovely lush landscaping but there's nothing particularly "special" about it.

NJMan66
06-07-2007, 12:56 PM
Ok, I must disagree with other posts.

This pool and its surroundings are amazing. Having spent many a day hanging out with my wife and kids at this pool, all day, my day would go like this:

- Get there at 9am and have breakfast with the kids. They play African music there which is sooooo soothing.
- Swim, lie out, and take a nap.
- By 10AM the kids’ activities begin. I watch/ help my kids do the activities.
- Every now and then I get up and look at the Flamingos, or watch the giraffes get fed.
- Swim, lie out, walk around some, and play in the sand park with the kids until lunch.
- Try some new soups at Marras.
- Start drinking at the pool bar by around 1-2PM.
- Depending on the day, the kids will have painted shirts, scavenger hunts.... My kids never get bored at this pool.
- Take another nap, get up and see what new animals are at the savannah lookout. I also love to talk to the "hotel rangers" who are all from South Africa.
- Drink some more. Swim some more until the day comes to an end.

Man, I wish I was there now instead of posting on this website during my lunch break.

DREAMADREAM93
06-07-2007, 01:01 PM
ive never been to the AKL pool but other posts deffinatly make sense.
Thats a big resort with ONE pool, so im sure crowding would be a deffinate issue.
And AKL is beautiful so im sure the the scenery would be gorgeous!

JOrdan :]

Grace
06-07-2007, 01:25 PM
:mickey:

Ok, I must disagree with other posts.

This pool and its surroundings are amazing. Having spent many a day hanging out with my wife and kids at this pool, all day, my day would go like this:

- Get there at 9am and have breakfast with the kids. They play African music there which is sooooo soothing.
- Swim, lie out, and take a nap.
- By 10AM the kids’ activities begin. I watch/ help my kids do the activities.
- Every now and then I get up and look at the Flamingos, or watch the giraffes get fed.
- Swim, lie out, walk around some, and play in the sand park with the kids until lunch.
- Try some new soups at Marras.
- Start drinking at the pool bar by around 1-2PM.
- Depending on the day, the kids will have painted shirts, scavenger hunts.... My kids never get bored at this pool.
- Take another nap, get up and see what new animals are at the savannah lookout. I also love to talk to the "hotel rangers" who are all from South Africa.
- Drink some more. Swim some more until the day comes to an end.

Man, I wish I was there now instead of posting on this website during my lunch break.
Hey! I think I know you!:laughing: