PDA

View Full Version : Availability in September.

Lizzie
06-06-2007, 09:37 PM
We just booked our trip for the beginning of September. I am going to work at booking our reservations in the next couple of days. Am I going to have a hard time finding openings?

Just wondering how many diffent options I need to plan out. Its our first time doing the dinning plan and I have never done so many on a trip. Usually we do one or maybe two.

browneyedgirl12
06-06-2007, 09:52 PM
We went last year in September and had no problems at all making reservations. We even changed a few a couple months before we went and hadd no problems at all. So as far as my booking reservations has gone it hasn't been difficult. :mickey::mickey:

Mom2princesses
06-06-2007, 10:21 PM
You might have some problems with the more popular resturants. I would try and call to make your ADR's as soon as you can. Due to the free Dining a lot of the popular places are booked. Just be flexible with days/time. If you can't get a dinner slot then try for a late lunch.

Good luck! Let us know how you make out.

wendy*darling
06-06-2007, 10:23 PM
I would be flexible.
This year the "free dining" period is shorter- so more people are squeezing into fewer weeks.
Plus, there are more "experienced" Dining Plan vacationers this year, so more people know to make their ADRs ahead of time.

If you have your heart set on certain popular restaurants- see if there is anytime during your stay where there are openings, then plan your touring around it.

You will be able to eat- but some of your times may be very early or very late. But you will get something.

Lizzie
06-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks. For your help. I think I need at least a day to figure out where I want to go. I hope to book by Friday. Fortuanetly there are only a couple of must sees on the sit down places. He is excited to get back to the Flame Tree BBQ for the onion rings and we have been dreaming about a sandwhich at Earl of Sandwhich since we got home from our last trip.

crazykids
06-07-2007, 08:58 AM
I'm going in September & already have ADRS made. Tried calling a couple days ago to make some changes & all of the places I asked for were already booked. You might be ok if you prefer really late seatings, but every other time seemed to be gone. (This was for the last week in September) Good Luck!

January-2007
06-07-2007, 09:26 AM
You really should try to make your ADRs as soon as you possibly can! The sooner the better. If you don't get a time you like but that's all they have, take it, then keep calling back to see if they have a better time.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-07-2007, 09:33 AM
Good luck, I am sure there will be some options for what you want. We had FD last September and the restaurants were very busy. I am sure they will be the same this year. (If not even busier since like someone else said, the FD period is shorter this year)

I hope you can get what you want! :)

Mickey91
06-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Good luck! Make those ADRs ASAP and be flexible! You may have to eat dinner at 4 or 9. But if it is where you want to eat take it! It is only one week of weird eating.:mickey:

Lizzie
06-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Well I made our adrs I have one day where I want to be at the MK and I don't know what to do. I can't find anything available, not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

pixiegoose
06-07-2007, 07:31 PM
Well I made our adrs I have one day where I want to be at the MK and I don't know what to do. I can't find anything available, not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

If you aren't finding any availability at MK, have you considered any of the monorail resorts instead? Like the Kona Cafe at the Poly or one of the other sitdowns? That way you could just hop on the monorail and then head back to MK after. It may not be ideal but it's an option.

dolphinmickey9170
06-07-2007, 07:36 PM
I made my ADR's a couple weeks ago for August and things were really tights, and I'm not going during the FD period, so I imagine if your trip is during the FD period, you might want to try eating dinner really late or maybe do your TS for lunch and CS for dinner. You will have to be very flexible. Have a couple options open for each day. Also, ask the CM what they recommend. I have had some really great meals all thanks to the CM suggestions. Good luck and enjoy your trip.