PDA

View Full Version : Just back dining recap DDP TS

Crow
06-06-2007, 09:28 PM
i left early Tuesday and came back this Monday, got in around 1am, back to work Tuesday..
My first ADR was Tuesday at 4:10 Le Cellier. some people waiting. had to wait a about 10 min. others turned away wo ADRs.
Waitress very nice.
Shrimp Cocktail 9.99
Mushroom Filet $27?
Creme Brulee- 5.99
it was all pretty good. of course i had drinks also. their were empty tables, but it was mostly full when i was done
Tuesday ADR CA GRILL- the best meal of my trip. they didnt start seating till 530 but you could go up ahead of time to have a drink
great view. had some sake. the buzzed to b seated. table by window. view of MK castle etc
Grand FL, WL..
great service.
Double Crunch Rainbow Roll sushi which had cobia, salmon,tuna,Tempura Crunch & Tobikkio was awesome a fairly new roll created few months before by the sushi chef. $19 8 pcs which i didnt eat all of so I could have room
bread served was nothing special
Pork Tenderloin. served on Goat Cheese Polenta, Mushrooms, Zinfandel Glace.seemed a little tough at first but was good-$26
Banana dessert, with bananas, ice cream, caramel..very good not sure of the cost $8?
i did have wines w each course and was offered tastes of each before.
i saw attire from dresses, business casual to shorts.
was invited back to view the fireworks later just by showing receipt at check in, but i didnt make it.
you can go up to the bar anytime as long as its not full and order food there.
I did get a copy of the main menu and i will go back.. not sure if i made out w the 2 credits or not but i would go even OOP
Wed 430 AKershus. I did feel a little uncomfortable going solo. there is a line up outside where you wait for them to announce you to b seated. and a pic oppurtunity which i bypassed.
the food was good, but i doubt if i will return. you get the Koldbort w asst cheese, cold meat,salmon, shrimp, salads.
only 1 entree, no unlimited like it used to b. the fish was pretty good
the princesses spent a short time at each table
Aurora, Aeriel (squeaky voice) Cinderella, Jasmine. i got a pic w Jasmine.
dessert was 2 servings of 3 diff desserts which were pretty good.
Sat Kona Cafe, checked in issued a pager which went off shortly.
service ok, fairly busy. had some drinks
Crab Cakes -Talipia was good. creme brulee not bad. total around $45 w tip for the food.i might go back, but it wont b next trip.
Sunday was Nine Dragons, pretty busy at 7pm
service ok. food ok. actually i was a little disappointed compared to previous visits
got app, seafood dish for $27, ginger cake..
i will try to quickly review CS and snacks in another post within day or so.
Id say the plan was pretty much worth it, considering it cost $38.99 a day. some things i wouldnt have gotten if i wasnt on the plan and i would probably not have eaten as much.
i did have snack credits i tried to use at the end

wendy*darling
06-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed the Dining Plan.

Sounds like you had some great meals- Cali Grill and Kona are two of my favorites. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing.

Natazu
06-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Good to see you had a good time. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

January-2007
06-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the report. Glad you enjoyed the California Grill.

SBETigg
06-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Ah, you went with Nine Dragons after all. Sorry it wasn't as good as you'd hoped. But everything sounds delicious. Thanks for reporting!