PDA

View Full Version : Ride Spoilers

Lorraine444
06-06-2007, 08:56 PM
The subject is a Warning.....
My son emailed me a ridiculous youtube video.
The sense of humor at the age of 12 is killing me (actually it really makes me laugh)!
Anyway, of course I searched Disney World!
I started watching some videos, and ruined it for myself about EE!!!!!! I did however think that if someone really wants to be informed about a specific ride to know whether or not you can handle it, this is where you would go for a great clip on various rides......
Please don't be tempted and then be upset @ yourself for watching... I would feel really bad.
To Watch or Not to watch????? Think about it!

jszczur5
06-07-2007, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the great idea. I just went to youtube also and watched the video. We went on it last summer, but I missed quite a bit of it. We were an uneven group of five, and my boys wanted to sit with grandpa or dad - not mom. So mom had to sit by herself in the front. I didn't know what to expect, so I freaked myself out a bit, and screamed like a loonie or closed my eyes. Not cool! Anyways, I plan to enjoy it more this summer - with my eyes open the whole time.

pshokie
06-07-2007, 03:45 PM
I actually used youtube a lot when planning our last trip. If you go soley based on what people here say, you could end up on a "bad ride". Not that people are trying to give bad information, it is just what your personal preferences are or what your kids can handle is not the same as everyone else's. There is no way I would ever be able to get my DD on Goofy's Barnstormer. Not yet anyway! :thumbsup:

Here's a good example, almost everyone loves HM. Some consider it a "tame" ride, and go on to say how their 4/5 yo just loved the ride. I did too when I was a kid. But I had not riden it in almost 20 years. So I youtube'd it to see if my 4 yo DD could handle it.

I got 30 seconds into the streaching room when I said, uh-uh. :noway:. She's not riding that. But there are kids out there who can handle it. My DD is just not ready.

So yeah, I youtube!

DREAMADREAM93
06-07-2007, 03:52 PM
i love youtube but i had never thought of watching disney ride videos! That sounds like fun, and i think im gonna take a break from intercot to go watch a few! Thanks!

JOrdan :]

Ayndi
06-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Oh! I went and watched some EE videos and now I'm not sure I want to ride it.

pshokie
06-07-2007, 04:15 PM
If you want a real laugher, search for Sonny Eclipse! Some one taped his whole set. :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
06-07-2007, 06:39 PM
Some of these videos are great. America has got some real talent. Then, there are others that make you want to hurl as you watch them.

Momof2boys
06-08-2007, 11:53 AM
I watched the EE video after we returned last year . . . I rode the entire ride with my eyes closed so I wanted to (safely) see what I missed ;) :blush:

phillydan
06-08-2007, 12:53 PM
My 5 year old watches a posted video of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority on youtube almost everyday. He especially loves the booming "Now Approaching..." announcements.

You can also check out videos of rides that are no longer there - 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea is a favorite of mine.

K8screen
06-09-2007, 09:49 AM
My last few visits to WDW were alone with my kids. The last one was with DD 5 years ago when she was 16. Though we had a great time, I vowed then that my next trip would be with a patner, though there was noone in mind. Yesterday I booked to go with my new partner next month! I saw your post, went to youtube, saw my beloved Spectromagic, heard the music and can now barely type this for happy tears! Thankyou so much

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-09-2007, 08:47 PM
I didn't even know such videos existed. Thanks for the heads up. I'm enjoying them as I type.

DisneyGiant
06-09-2007, 09:33 PM
I watched the EE video on Youtube before riding it.

I am a person that does not like surprises.

So I loved that it was there.