PDA

View Full Version : GF Resort Launch?

Goes4FastPass
06-06-2007, 05:05 PM
Here's a basic question:

I have it my head that there's a boat that goes from the GF to the MK. If so, it would be particularly handy MK to GF since GF is the last stop on the clockwise monorail route.

Is there such a boat and if so, where do you catch it from the MK?

KylesMom
06-06-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes, there is. It shares the route with the Poly, similar to WL and Ft.Wilderness. The resort boat docks are very easy to find - they are on the right hand side at waters' edge after exiting the gate. :mickey:

slegrant
06-06-2007, 05:36 PM
:balloon:Yes, there is a launch from Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom. The boat dock is behind Narcoossee's at the GF. From the Magic Kingdom if you head towards the boat docks you will head to the right dock, right of the Fort Wilderness/Wilderness Lodge dock. My favorite way to travel at night, very relaxing and usually not that long of a line.

MinnieMommie
06-06-2007, 05:59 PM
One of my favorite things about staying at GFwas the boat ride back from the MK. My family would take the monorail but I woudl go back alone on the boat. It was a peaceful moment in an otherwise hectic day. I think it is quicker too! :mickey:

DizneyRox
06-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Actually, unless they have changed things, it's a boat launch that goes from MK, to GF, to Poly then MK. So, going FROM the GF it might be quicker to take the monorail. GOing FROM the MK it's quicker to take the boat (usually).

Sometimes the wait for the boat can be pretty long.

January-2007
06-06-2007, 07:22 PM
This is what I love about Intercot, the shared knowledge that we can all take with us on our trips. We've never taken a boat to the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian, and sometimes the monorail is extremely busy, so this is good to know. We're eating dinner at Narcoossee's in September so this is good information to know. :rocks:

Maleficent's Dad
06-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Actually, unless they have changed things, it's a boat launch that goes from MK, to GF, to Poly then MK. So, going FROM the GF it might be quicker to take the monorail. GOing FROM the MK it's quicker to take the boat (usually).

This is exactly what I was about to say! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
06-07-2007, 06:31 PM

My post specified taking the boat from the MK to GF(not vice versa). Maybe I've just been lucky but beat my family every time when they took the monorail and I took the boat. Do you mean it is sometimes long waiting for the boat to arrive or is your experience that it is sometimes long to get from the MK to the GF once you board the boat? Just curious. :mickey:

DizneyRox
06-07-2007, 07:22 PM
My post specified taking the boat from the MK to GF(not vice versa). Maybe I've just been lucky but beat my family every time when they took the monorail and I took the boat. Do you mean it is sometimes long waiting for the boat to arrive or is your experience that it is sometimes long to get from the MK to the GF once you board the boat? Just curious. :mickey:

That of which I speak is for the boat, not once you board. I've waited for what seemed like an eternity for the GF/Poly/MK boat, almost like they were just running one boat. Maybe they do at slow times.

The OP asked first about a boat from GF to MK and then was talking about a boat from MK to GF. The ride is very different, that's all I was pointing out.

Here's a basic question:

I have it my head that there's a boat that goes from the GF to the MK. If so, it would be particularly handy MK to GF since GF is the last stop on the clockwise monorail route.

Is there such a boat and if so, where do you catch it from the MK?

TammiMcMan
06-07-2007, 07:43 PM
DisneyRox is right, even though it's a straight shot from the MK to the GF, it could take longer if you have to wait for the boat. The monorails have a much shorter waiting period in between. Depending on whether they're running 1 or 2 resort boats, the wait between each boat could be 10 to 20 minutes.

When we're leaving the MK, the resort launch is on the way to the monorail. We take a look and if we see the boat boarding or see it pulling in, then we'll walk down that path. If we don't see the boat, we head for the monorail.

I agree with the others though, if you have the extra time, it's a beautiful way to see the resorts.