PDA

View Full Version : We Just Booked : Please Help Us Plan

pluto 77
06-06-2007, 04:22 PM
We just used our vacation club points to book a room at the Disneyland Hotel the first week in December:mickey: Now, since i this is our first trip we really need help planning!!!
We are two adults but we love disneyworld and even fantasyland.... so we are open to all rides.
So I have a few questions:confused:.......
1. What rides are an absolute not miss (especially if they are not in disneyworld)
2. What should we do in Southern California??
3. Exactly what does disney do the holidays??... is there a Christmas party??? if so what does it cost??
4. also, is the disneyland hotel a good choice?

i am going blank right now, so if you can think of anything else that we should know please tell!!!!
:mickey:

ChipDale
06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
1. Don't miss rides that WDW does not have: Alice in Wonderland, Casey Junior Circus Train, The Matterhorn, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Indiana Jones, Storybookland Canal Boats. Don't miss rides that are better at Disneyland: Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters and I'm sure I'm leaving out some others.

2. Depends if you want to leave Disney property or not. If you're into the movies and have a car, drive up to Hollywood or visit Warner Bros Studio in Burbank, or Universal Studios. (These are real working studios, not fake like Disney-MGM.)

3. Disneyland Park does not offer a Christmas Party. They will be all decked out for the holidays though during the time you'll be visiting. Remember, Disneyland has the Haunted Mansion Holiday and the It's a Small World Holiday. The past couple of years they also had Santa's Reindeer Round-up and I imagine they'll do that again too. Along with the Christmas Fantasy Parade and the Christmas fireworks show there are plenty of decorations and activities for the holidays.

4. Disneyland Hotel is a perfect choice. :thumbsup:

MMouse6937
06-08-2007, 11:36 AM
I couldn't say it any better than Jane:

Make sure to ride everything and especially attractions they don't have at WDW. They now have the new Nemo Submarine Voyage which should be great. We unfortunately missed the Matterhorn as it was down for refurb, but I'm sure it's a must. Mr. Toads was great fun.

As far at the rest of CA. We drove from ABQ so we had our own car. We drove to the shore so I could see the ocean. We also went to Joe's Crab Shack for some seafood. You will be close to all the action at the DLR so you might find plenty of things to do with DL, Calif Adventure, and DTD.

The DL hotel is wonderful. When we stopped there for dinner at Goofy's Kitchen we saw this wall with a whole bunch of old pictures of stars when they visited Disneyland and pictures of Walt Disney. It was neat to poke around there and see everything it had to offer.

Have a great trip!! :thumbsup:

scoot241
06-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Everything said above is great. I'll add a few other observations.

California Screamin' is a great ride. It looks like a wooden coaster, but is actually steel and is extremely smooth.

Don't miss (it's pretty much impossible to, actually) the Matterhorn. It's the original Disney mountain and a lot of fun.

Make sure you can see the fireworks show, "Remember... Dreams Come True". I think it's better than Wishes.

We got the Southern California CityPass when we went. It includes three days at DLR, one pass to either the San Diego Zoo or the San Diego Wild Animal Park, one pass to Sea World (also in San Diego), and one pass to Universal Studios Hollywood. We had a great 5 days using this, and we also checked out a couple of other stops in Los Angeles and went to the beach in the morning before we had to go to the airport.

nmbullrdr
06-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Fantasmic! is a must see (only on the weekends in December). The fireworks at closing and the snow on Main Street. Lunch at the Blue Bayou, breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen in the DLH. Eating at the Rainforest Cafe or the Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. We loved Hook's Point to eat at the DLH, great service and food. Whitewater Snacks across the street at the Grand Californian is a must, take the time to visit the Grand Californian, spectacular hotel. Being from Albuquerque, we love California Adventure, give it a try. Disneyland Hotel, excellent choice, ask for a room in the Sierra Tower, we got one without asking and it was the best!