PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Eaten at Jiko?

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
I got reservations for next week and I'm wondering what everyones favorite meal there is.

:thumbsup:

Stickey
06-06-2007, 03:39 PM
The filet mignon is excellent!
:eat:

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't see that on the menu!

Tynkerbelle
06-06-2007, 04:02 PM
It's the beef tenderloin served with mac & cheese (sounds weird, but it's not) and it is indeed yummy! It's our favorite and in just 145 days we'll be eating it!!

SallyP
06-06-2007, 04:34 PM
We have eaten there several times and this is my usual, although I have ordered the Lamb entree and it was delicious too.
It's a wonderful restaurant to unwind late in the evening - reservations around 8:30.
Appetizer
Kalamata Olive Flatbread
With Millet Flour Dough and Five Cheeses
Salad
Summer Field Greens
With Buttermilk-Carrot Dressing
Entree
Oak-Grilled Beef Tenderloin
With Macaroni & Cheese and Red Wine Sauce
The cheese on the macaroni is definitely not yellow-orange Amercian cheese as in Kraft Mac & Cheese. It's like a white cheddar but I don't know what it is for sure.
A South African Red Wine.
I'm not real keen on their desserts so I can't help there.

Katarch
06-06-2007, 04:46 PM
The Taste of Africa appetizer, Roasted Chicken and Short Ribs are excellent!:thumbsup:

ResQRanger82
06-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Jiko is on my top ten at WDW! The flatbreads are not to be missed. I have also had some excellent soups and the cucumber tomato salad is another star on the menu. For entrees, I love the braised shortribs and the roasted chicken. Last time for dessert I also had an awesome pistachio creme brulee with a layer of chocolate on the bottom.

Mmmm...Now I can't wait until I get to go back!

SunnyLee
06-06-2007, 05:07 PM
Jiko has been among my top three favorite WDW resturants for a long time now!! You will LOVE it!!! The setting is very charming and romantic, the outside animals are awesome..and of course the lodge just can't be beat! As far as food goes; well....you should get the apptezier flatbread, lamb!!! oh gracious it was awesome...however I really didn't know what I was ordering, a guy that I dated was a cast member (chef) there so he would order for me (knowing what was the best) and so I trusted him and that was a VERY wise choice as I was never displeased w/ what I got!!!! :mickey::mickey:

Ayndi
06-06-2007, 05:14 PM
So either flatbread is good? And the lamb?

Tinkerbellfan
06-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Hello-

I always get the tenderloin and mac & cheese. It is wonderful. My boyfriend tries something new each time - one time he got the monkfish another time the short ribs and yet another time the swordfish. Everytime we get a meal that is one of the very best of our stays.

We tried an African appetizer sampler one time that was wonderful.

Enjoy!

Roo Girl
06-07-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm making a reservation there for our upcoming trip in Dec. We're staying at the AKV for the first time so I thought we should hang around the lodge as much as we can. Is the "dress code" strict? I hate to say it but we're usually turned off by the idea of a dress code because we're always SO relaxed and casual on our vacations.

ResQRanger82
06-07-2007, 10:38 AM
I've had all of the flatbreads at one time or another and loved every one of them. I hear for many that their favortite is the chicken flatbread. As far as the lamb, I've never had it since I'm not a lamb person. I was sitting next to a table with a 10ish year old who ordered the lamb and nearly cleaned of his entire plate, so I'm thinking it must of been really good!

As far as a dress code, I believe its the "dressy casual" requirement. Basically, no flip-flops, tanks, etc. I've gone in shorts, a regular polo and sandals and have been just fine.

Hope that helps!

Ayndi
06-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm making a reservation there for our upcoming trip in Dec. We're staying at the AKV for the first time so I thought we should hang around the lodge as much as we can. Is the "dress code" strict? I hate to say it but we're usually turned off by the idea of a dress code because we're always SO relaxed and casual on our vacations.

I was told no t-shirts and no short shorts.

Crow
06-07-2007, 09:31 PM
It's the beef tenderloin served with mac & cheese (sounds weird, but it's not) and it is indeed yummy! It's our favorite and in just 145 days we'll be eating it!!

ive had the been n mac twice in past yrs.
didnt go this trip and probably wont again, but the food wasnt bad