PDA

View Full Version : LTT and CP

septembergirl
06-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Hello:
We have ADRs for both LTT and CP at the MK for our upcoming trip. My questions are:

1. Is this overdoing it on Character Meals? (I have 4 kids.)

2. Which is the better of the 2 meals?

3. Has is the character interaction at each?

(We are on the ddp but I am not concerned about getting the best value because my 3 DSs will more than get our money's worth!)

stitchcousin
06-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Hi!! I may be in the minority, but I try to plan as many character meals as possible!!! We'll be down in November, and I have five booked!! I do it both for my children and for me:blush:! There's nothing like having Mickey and the gang greet you!! My advice would be to do what feels comfortable (and affordable) to you. As long as you are happy, then I say go for it!!! As for the character interactions, I've been to both. Each are very good. The CP also has a parade where the children follow the characters around the restaurant every 1/2 hour (I think) or so and they love it!!! I have great pictures and the kids wanted to wait until the next parade came around!!!:thumbsup:

PirateLover
06-06-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm also of the mindset that you can never have too many character meals! I have only eaten at CP for breakfast so I can't compare menus but I did love their breakfast food and I'm a big champion of the LTT dinners. My cousin did have dinner at CP and loved it, but he's a buffet fiend! I think you are fine and your kids will get such a kick out of it. :mickey:

disneydrmr
06-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Adding in my vote for having as many character meals as possible! I mean, you can eat a boring meal at a restaurant pretty much any day of the year.. but how often can you dine with Disney Characters?:tigger::stitch::mjump::goofy::chip:
I did the character breakfast at CP and the dinner at LTT when I was there last December (on the same day!)and LOVED them both! Character interaction was great at both places and food was excellent. The Breakfast Lasagna at CP was to die for! And all the food at LTT was great! You and your kids will really enjoy them!

Tynkerbelle
06-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I, too, over-do it with the character meals and we don't have any kids! In fact we'll be going to both of those places when we go in Oct.

I'm not sure what your existing ressies are for (breakfast, lunch or dinner), but what I would suggest is doing CP for breakfast (we never miss) - we like the buffet and the character interaction is great (Pooh & Pals) - and LTT for dinner, again great food and character interaction (Goofy, Minnie, Pluto and Chip & Dale).

Have fun!

kakn7294
06-06-2007, 04:19 PM
We always do several character meals per trip - next trip we have 2 planned. I've been to both locations and I prefer LTT. I like the characters and food at LTT better, but I'm not a huge Pooh fan and although the food at CP is very good, I just like the menu at LTT. Besides, with all the other walking one must do at WDW, it's kind of nice to sit and be served rather than have to keep getting up to head to a buffet.

starrmomof2
06-06-2007, 05:18 PM
We also did both of these on our trip last year. We did breakfast with Pooh & gang at CP and dinner at LTT (another day). The CP was a big hit because both of my sons have always been big Pooh fans; this was their first character experiences. We plan on doing both again when we return. The meal at LTT was more enjoyable to me because you are served (vs the buffet at CP) and never had to worry about missing a character on his way through and waiting for their next cycle through the restaurant. Also, Chip & Dale were so on the night we were there (LTT) that my sons talked about it for weeks.:thumbsup:

DREAMADREAM93
06-06-2007, 05:27 PM
NO! You dont have too many at all :]
Book more:]

But of the two you picked, i think theyre both GREAT.
Meal wise, it depends on if you are going for breakfast lunch or dinner.
CP for breakfast is wonderful, and i think LTT is better for dinner.
Charecter interaction is great at both.
I personally love the characters from the Hundred Acre Wood.
But the ones at Liberty Tree Tavern will actually play with you, no matter your age :]

JOrdan:]

septembergirl
06-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Also, Chip & Dale were so on the night we were there (LTT) that my sons talked about it for weeks.:thumbsup:
I have heard that :chip::dale: are really fun, which is one of the reasons I booked at LTT. I had a dinner ADRR at O'hana but I really think my teens will enjoy this more! Can't wait!!!

beksy
06-06-2007, 05:56 PM
I agree that you don't have too many character meals planned. I planned 3 and the youngest in our group is 19! We are going to CP, CRT, and Chef Mickey's. I've never been to those two, but I've heard great things about both.:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
06-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Rule #1: You cannot "overdo" character dinners!
They are soooo fun! We always try to do at least one character meal a day! ( We would do this even if the kids weren't with us.) I LOVE the characters! Now, as for as LTT and CP, they are excellent choices. LTT has Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, and the food is a traditional Thanksgiving type meal. Makes my mouth water thinking about it. CP has the Pooh characters and an excellent buffet. I would think you will have a wonderful time at both!:mickey:Enjoy!

AnnetteFan
06-06-2007, 07:54 PM
They're both great choices as far as the food is concerned.
As for character interaction, the smaller the restaurant, the better the interaction will be. At LTT you can usually count on great interaction since the characters are able to take their time since the restaurant isn't as large and they don't feel rushed. At places like CP or Chef Mickey's, they have more people to see and are in a bit more of a hurry. Also at CP it may take you longer to see all the characters, you may end up waiting a little bit. The Gardern Grill at The Land is also a good place to go if you want individual attention from the characters.

Marilyn Michetti
06-06-2007, 09:11 PM
We're two, (cough, cough), Sr. Citizens, and don 't have children with us, and we love the Character meals. Now, please understand, we just like buffets at Disney, AND we enjoy watching Pooh with the kiddies. That said, I really wish they had a section where those who are there mostly for the food could sit, and not have to interact. I never know what to say, and whoever's in that costume must be thinking "where do they get these people"? Let Tigger walk by, wave, and get to the children faster. ( Does that sound absolutely abnormal for a grounded Disney freak)?:blush:

DawnluvsEeyore
06-07-2007, 09:13 AM
When we were at the World last summer, we had teens to a preschooler in our party. We did THREE character meals! :eeyore: We did breakfast a Chef Mickeys, dinner at CP and dinner and LTT. All three were excellent. I prefered the food at CP for dinner a bit more than the food at LTT because it didn't taste prepackaged, but the atmosphere at LTT can't be beat. :chipdale:

January-2007
06-07-2007, 11:23 AM
I really wish they had a section where those who are there mostly for the food could sit, and not have to interact. I never know what to say, and whoever's in that costume must be thinking "where do they get these people"? Let Tigger walk by, wave, and get to the children faster. ( Does that sound absolutely abnormal for a grounded Disney freak)?:blush:

That's pretty much what they did for us. At the two character breakfasts that I loved, Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana, the characters would come to our table and shake hands, wave a little, maybe make a gesture that the food is good, then move on. It was nice because it wasn't disruptive at all, and there were no children following them around like I had heard can happen. The only thing I would have really liked was to have a person to take our photos with the characters. We only got a picture with our first character because there was no one to take the pictures and the person in the costume gestured to a mom at the next table to take our photo and I didn't want to mess with their meal by asking over and over.

We did three character breakfasts last week, so no, I don't think 2 character meals are too much. We're doing breakfasts Chef Mickey's and 'Ohana again in September, and are going to try the Crystal Palace for the first time since it became a character meal so we can get into the Magic Kingdom before opening. Oh yeah, and we might go to Chef Mickey's for dinner too, although all I could get was 9PM!

pshokie
06-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I have heard that :chip::dale: are really fun, which is one of the reasons I booked at LTT. I had a dinner ADRR at O'hana but I really think my teens will enjoy this more! Can't wait!!!

Chip & Dale fun???? I don't know if I agree with that.

Chip was fun. Dale was A-W-E-S-O-M-E! :dale:

Dale was chair surfing, goofing on people, even put graffiti in my daughters book (He put a "stinks, luv Dale" under Chips autograph). :D No lie, we have a 10 minute video of Dale just doing "stuff" to the diners at LLT. It was hysterical. Huge ovation when it was time for him to go.

septembergirl
06-07-2007, 01:16 PM
No lie, we have a 10 minute video of Dale just doing "stuff" to the diners at LLT. It was hysterical. Huge ovation when it was time for him to go.

Hmmm...this reminds me of my dh sans costume :D!