PDA

View Full Version : Please help settle a little debate between me and DH

DisneyMomx2
06-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Dh says that you can book a room at Saratoga Springs if there is one available. (not being used by a DVC member).

I always thought that resort was strictly DVC.

Does anyone know for sure? (I'm sure somebody here does). :)

pox24
06-06-2007, 10:05 AM
All DVC resorts can be booked by anyone, not just members. You will love them.:thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
06-06-2007, 10:09 AM
If you go through Disney reservations, then you are reserving a unit that is part of their general inventory. They do have a number of them set aside at each DVC property and you can check availabilty on line with the Disney World website.

Another option is to rent a unit through a DVC owner who is not using it that year. A little more trust is involved, but it can work out to be much less expensive.

DisneyMomx2
06-06-2007, 10:10 AM
So you mean to tell me I have to admit to him that he's right?? LOL

TammiMcMan
06-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Well, I didn't want to come right out and say it, but yup, he's right.... :sorry:

DisneyMomx2
06-06-2007, 10:19 AM
I hate it when that happens. LOL Seriously though, thanks for your help!!

iceicebritney
06-06-2007, 10:23 PM
that's the problem with DVC resorts. they are not condos that you purchase and have rights to. they are not real estate and they are not exclusively yours. the resorts are available for members (different rooms each time) only a certain amount of weeks a year. its a time share... my family was very interested in purchasing one when it first started because they thought they were purchasing a condo on disney property that would be exclusivly ours. we were wrong and it is anything but that. thus the reason they purchased a home in celebration because that no one else can stay at and we have unlimited use of it throughout the year :mickey: