PDA

View Full Version : Second Trip to the World, Day 6

thejens
06-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Second Trip to the World, Day 6, May 30, 2007
Magic Kingdom

Today, we all wear our Snow White and the Seven Dwarf shirts that I gave everyone. Jenny is Grumpy; Ben is Happy; Zac is Dopey, Nic is Doc; Will is Bashful; Pamela is Sleepy; Mom is Sneezy and I wear a shirt with Snow White and Grumpy. My Mom says I should be Snow White since I am the leader while Jenny thinks Doc suits me better. I prefer Princess to Pompous. :princess: We elicit smiles all day which is fun.

We take the bus today and arrive in time for the opening train and confetti. :minnie: I feel a rush of pure joy when I enter this park! Grinning ear to ear we head down Main Street for Fantasyland. Zac loves seeing Indallela’s castle again. No carousel today, we ride Dumbo twice, since Zac loves it so much. We head to Pooh, then Peter Pan and Snow White’s Scary Adventures. It is a shame that Snow White lacks the charm of the others, especially since the movie is so quintessentially Walt. Mickey’s Philharmagic does not disappoint. The Haunted Mansion is fun and our timid 10 year old feels brave to ride it. It pauses at one point, but quickly starts moving again. The Jungle Cruise is cute and silly, but I wonder if it’s time has passed. I’m a nostalgic sort, so I’ll continue to ride it, but it is sort of in the IASW category. We had burgers at Pecos Bills for lunch. They were okay. Next, my favorites, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. BTM is the perfect ride for me, fun, zippy and not too scary! I kept running ahead to get Fast Passes as soon as our window opened and this worked well. Throughout the trip we had numerous problems with our key cards despite trying to be careful about keeping them away from credit cards and cell phones. Disney really needs to work on this. It was frequently inconvenient at the Fast Pass stations, but the attendants were very quick to assist. Clearly this is a frequent problem. No worries, Hakuna Matata, as the new Tiki Birds say. This is a goofy, but loveable show. After that, Pirates of the Caribbean. Fun, my first time. We did the Swiss Family Tree House, but skipped Tom’s Island. IASW was closed!! RATS! The Hall of Presidents is cool, but maybe not necessary every year. We watched the Dream Come True Parade and Zac “really, really needed” to get up on the float with Peter Pan, but alas no Tinkerbell made that dream come true. Then Jenny and my Mom and I got to go to the California Grill for our 5:30 p.m. ADRs while my sister kept the kids in the park. Wooohooo! :woohoo: We took the Monorail, yippee, and then changed clothes and freshened up slightly in the Contemporary restroom. Slightly revived, we were seated by the window with a fabulous view of the park, Grand Floridian, and Polynesian. We drank coffee and ice tea and water until we perked up. Now we could relax and begin a great cheese plate to share. There were five cheeses all paired with condiments and we truly enjoyed nibbling and relaxing over the cheese and a glass of wine. Now my Mom and I ordered the most succulent appetizer ever, the foie gras. We savored these tender, delectable morsels and, as an afterthought, ate our entrees. I had Halibut, my Mom had pork loin, and Jenny had pasta and chicken. It was all excellent. Jenny, who thinks goose liver is gross, ate a flat bread appetizer with gouda and onions and enjoyed it. The desserts were fabulous too, but I will dream of the foie gras until next year. We took the Monorail back to Tomorrowland where we found the kids. They had enjoyed dinner at the Noodle station, TTA several times and Buzz. The boys had to ride the Indy Speedway and Zac loved it. As boring as this ride is, watching Zac’s thrilled expression while driving will stay with us always. The other boys loved it too. The fast pass machine for Space Mountain was not working so we missed this one. Ben refused to go on Stitch with me “too boring” so we did the TTA again. This was my first time and I really enjoyed seeing all the lights in Tomorrowland. The boys loved being the experienced “experts” of this ride and Ben amused himself by warning me about the upcoming big drop. Passengers in another passing car heard and gasped oh,no! The boys found this hilarious. :funny: We headed to the bridge under Tinkerbell for Wishes. Everyone was seated and relaxed on the bridge until Wishes started. Then, rude people appeared from no where and stood in front of us. Of course this blocked the view for the kids even when they stood up. This really annoyed me. :blowup: If they would have sat down, everyone would have had a view of the castle. Zac stayed awake only long enough to peer sleepily at Tinkerbell, then commenced his nightly routine of sleeping through all the noise and spectacle! Everyone was so tired after waiting for the bus I decided to relent and let them sleep through the Early Extra Magic Hours the following morning.

pogo
06-06-2007, 06:08 AM
Thanks for sharing today at MK. I'm enjoying reading your report. :D

January-2007
06-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the trip report.

faline
06-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Another great report. Your descriptions bring me right into the park with you and your family!

The shirts sound really cute! California Grill is a great place for an adult meal! It was really nice of your sister to take on all the kids while you dined!

pdrlkr
06-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Lizzie
06-09-2007, 05:12 PM
I always have problems with my key cards. Its quite frustrating.

sleepingbooty
06-15-2007, 12:08 PM
What a wonderful day at MK - those are my favorite days! I'm listening to Live365 while I read this and the Spectromagic music is playing - I'm so there with you!

princessgirls
06-15-2007, 02:47 PM
How nice to have an "adult dining break"!!

Your sister is a nice one!!!

Rude people make me mad too.:thedolls: In March I was literally baking in the hot sun with the kids in a good spot for the parade in MGM. When the parade started people were pushing and shoving my kids (who were in strollers) out of the way. My husband who is a presense at 6'5" said "We will have none of this pushing" "My family has been waiting here for 1/2 an hour."

Thanks for the great report.

Julie:mickey: