PDA

View Full Version : Second Trip to the World, Day 4

thejens
06-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Second Trip to the World, Day 4, May 28, 2007

Today I am hoping to do more in Epcot, but the park commando’s troops are lagging just a bit. I sprint over to Soaring for Fast Passes then try to meet them in line at Test Track. But where are they? Thank goodness for cell phones. They are lost. Apparently didn’t realize that the International Gateway is not the main entrance. The map makes much more sense when they realize this. As you may realize, the TT line is not exactly short by the time they catch up, but several of us decide to go for it using the kid swap for Zac. After a long wait the ride breaks down temporarily. We are so close we continue to wait. I think we waited for at least an hour. This is a bummer, but the ride is fun. I get to ride twice at least. Our six year old is terrified, but Ben, age 9 loves it. We check out Club Cool. Yes, the Beverly is delicious and refreshing. We waste, I mean spend, lots of time in Innovations. I hate the trade show/museum feeling in here, but the boys really like it. I sat outside for a while and watched the fountains and admired the princess topiaries and found my happy place again. I must say that throughout all the parks and resort and Epcot especially, the grounds are absolutely spectacular. I constantly find myself exclaiming how beautiful everything is! I feel like Dorothy in Oz, or perhaps Alice in Wonderland is more fitting? Finally I extricate everyone from the interesting fire safety demonstrations in Innovations and make them ride Spaceship Earth. I love this. We head to the World for lunch. I let them head on to America for lunch (okay does anyone agree that this is a BORING choice?) and I go to Norway for schoolbread that Intercottees have told me about. THANK YOU! Yum, after this delicious appetizer and some not very fresh fruit for Zac (sorry buddy I didn’t realize until too late) we get Bratwurst in Germany. I eat the wurst; Zac eats the Black Forest Cake. We top it off by sharing everyone’s fries and rice krispy treats. A perfectly balanced WDW meal! We walk around the world toward the International Gateway, but rush a bit since the kids want to go to the pool. I feel a bit sad about how much we have missed in Epcot, but decide this is why we will have to come back. I let my Mom and Jenny do Soaring while the rest of us head to the pool. Once again I fret about the baby ducks and disappearing children, but the kids have a ball.

We head back to Epcot for Rose and Crown, hoping for a patio table. While waiting we see Alice and Tigger and Pooh in the toy store. "Where is Piglet?" Zac asks. Alice in Wonderland is absolutely delightful and charmingly tries to engage Zac who becomes shy. We appreciate her engaging efforts. Pooh and Tigger are also cute, playing hide and seek and showing lots of personality. Zac loves to see them, but is cautious when close. The Beatles are singing in the courtyard and sound good. Our buzzer goes off and we find that we are seated inside. We are disappointed, but enjoy our meal and nice waitress. The Fish and Chips and Steak are delicious. I like the sticky toffee pudding too. After a leisurely meal I head out to stake out a spot on the public patio nearby. I score one chair and one table and we make it work for our group by taking turns and sharing. We enjoy some ale, which helps. It doesn’t seem as crowded to me as last year a week before Easter in April, but Jenny disagrees. We watch Illuminations and I decide it is the least impressive of the three night shows. It seems too short and the story is not clear. It’s fun, but I don’t think I’d sweat the seating issue again.

We break down and buy Zac a colorful Mickey Mouse “light saber.” He is in Heaven since the other boys bought light sabers in MGM yesterday. He feels that his is the best “look, Mickey Mouse!” he says in amazement. We walk “home” happy, enjoying the short walk.

January-2007
06-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the report.

pogo
06-06-2007, 05:58 AM
We love Epcot too........... it is so beautiful. :cloud9:

Going to read Day five. :D

faline
06-08-2007, 05:50 AM
Is it Spectro that didn't impress you or Illuminations? As you spent the day in Epcot, I'm guessing it's Illuminations?

It's nice you were able to leave for a while for some swim time!

pdrlkr
06-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

thejens
06-09-2007, 03:05 PM
oops. Yes, Illuminations, not Spectro. Thanks for the correction. I'll go back and edit. I do appreciate the feedback. It is fun to share. I always enjoy reading and probably don't comment enough.

Lizzie
06-09-2007, 03:24 PM
I always forget about the seating for Illuminations at Rose and Crown.

sleepingbooty
06-15-2007, 11:59 AM
Sounds like a really fun day - nice to be so close to Epcot!

princessgirls
06-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the report!

A great day had by all.

I agree, Epcot is just a wonderful park.

Julie:mickey: