PDA

View Full Version : Dining choices - opinions please

Mary Chase
06-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Ok, I think I have figured out where I want to eat (with the exception of one TS - need opinions on a good sit down meal - no buffet). Here are my choices:

Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree Tavern
Ohana's (before going to MVMCP)
Chef Mickey
Le Cellier
H&V - the character lunch - has anyone done this and what do you think of it? heard mixed reviews on the food there - but son really likes the characters.

And I have one more TS to fill. It's on the day we will be at AK. Any ideas? We're pretty basic in what we like - nothing too exotic.

Also, we're going in late Nov/early Dec and I've heard it's not too busy then. We want to schedule the MK (CP and LTT) dinners so that we can catch the 7:00 Spectromagic parade. Does anyone think that if I make a 5:00 reservation that we'll have trouble getting good seats?

Thanks for your opinions!!:mickey:

Pirate Granny
06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
There are no table service at AK...but then again...if you are going in December the new restaurant there may be open...I forget when it's scheduled to open. We enjoyed both Boma (buffet) and Jiko at AKL...Artist Pointe at WL is also very nice.
:pirate:

iceicebritney
06-05-2007, 10:43 PM
what about the coral reef at the seas in epcot? do you enjoy seafood? because they have excellent seafood and a great dining atmosphere.

also, what about another resort table service... i see you have chef mickeys - but how about a dinner at one of the other resorts... im not sure what kind of cuisine you're looking for, but the mya grill over at coronado springs has really great steaks. you can also get seafood there, but you dont have to if you dont prefer it. my family and i like to call the mya grill one of the secrets of disney since not to many ppl who are first timers at disney know about it.

Belle619
06-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I really enjoy Liberty Tree Tavern. I was actually discussing this with a coworker who just returned from a trip to WDW, and we were mentioning that it is a hidden gem in the MK. The food is delicious and there is a character or non-character dinning experience option. We were two adults, but we still chose the character dinning option and it was very cute - all the characters are dressed in colonial attire.

Natazu
06-06-2007, 05:22 PM
You have good choices so far but I haven't been to the H&V character meal so I can't say much either way there. For your additional TS, Kona Cafe, no contest - didn't even have to think about it. This place "flat out kicks bootie"*.

In late Nov (post T-giving weekend) and early Dec, forty minutes should allow enough time to get a good seat for Spectro.

*Disney Geek Trivia: bonus points for whoever knows where at Disney that quote came from.