Resort:

Pop Century
50's Section
Building 2
Room 2159

Trip Dates:

May 20th through May 26th, 2007

Friday, May 25th, Day 6

Once again, we made it to MK for opening. Just not quite as early as the other day. We were just at the turnstiles as the opening show was beginning, and were happy to see Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar. Once through the gates, I stopped for the stroller rental, while Ron went ahead to get fastpasses for Space Mt. The girls and I booke it over to Fantasyland for that long overdue ride on Dumbo. Ashleigh chose not to ride with us, and instead opted for another ride on Snow White. The wait for Dumo was about 10 minutes, so when we got off, Ron and Ashleigh were both waiting. Emily wanted to meet Ariel, so I sent Ron and Ashleigh over for another ride on Haunted Mansion, while we waited in line for Ariel and then Emily played in the fountains afterwards. Again, we met up and rode Peter Pan and iasw together with no wait.

It was now time for our fastpasses at Space Mt., so we headed over there. Ashleigh and I rode first, and while waiting for us, Emily had to use the ladies room, which did not thrill Ron in having to take her to the mens room. Ron and Ashleigh then had their ride, while Emily and I hopped on the TTA. I think I forgot to mention that on day one, while riding the TTA I finally got to see Space Mt with the lights on! Everyone else in my family hd already seen it, but not me. When we all met up, Ashleigh was sporting a huge smile and I knew something was up. Ron told her not to tell me until we got to lunch, but Ashleigh is not one for keeping quiet. It seems that, as they were exiting, the Dream Squad was waiting for them and gave them both Pin Lanyards with 2 pins. It wasn't much, but Ashleigh had been hoping to win at least something. She was thrilled! After this, Emily was feeling hungry, I guess she got used to 2 big breakfasts in a row. We did have a very early dinner ADR, so we also had a very early lunch at Cosmic Ray's. Ron and the girls had chicken strips while I had a hotdog.

After lunch, we stopped to watch Dream along with Mickey, before heading over to get fastpasses for Splash Mt. We then checked out POTC, Jungle Cruise, and Aladdin's Magic Carpets, but the lines were much too prohibitive, and we chose to catch a showing at The Enchanted Tiki Room. The ending of course, still infuriates Ron so much, that he is still talking about it. We wandered back over to Frontierland and thought about see Country Bear Jamboree, but opted instead to go meet Brer Bear and Brer Fox. Our FP window had opened and we were off to our laughing place again, where this time Emily rode with Ashleigh, and Ron and I rode together. Emily loved it every bit as the other day! After our plunge into the briar patch, we boarded the train to Toontown. Ron took a bathroom break and I went to get some drinks for everyone. Ashleigh watched Emily in the playground. It was time to move on, but Emily did not want to. She made 3 friends and didn't want to leave them. She was hiding in the corner of the little house and would not come out. Ron bent down and tried coaxing her out, but it was not working. I had to crawl in after her. Her 3 friends did not take kindly to her having to leave either and all 3, and loudly and shrilly as possible screamed into my ear. I was not real happy right abou then. The Princess line was way too long again at the Hall of Fame, but the 3rd line was not too bad so we go in it. We met Goofy, Chip and Dale, and Snow White. An odd combination, I thought. We then picked up some fastpasses for Pooh, and the as a last minute decision, decided to watch the parade. We were on Main St. near the bridge where the floats turn into the hub. It was a decent enough view for being lat minute, at least we had no one in front of us.

After the parade, we checked in about 15 minute early for our ADR at the Crystal Palace. We were seated at a window seat looking out to the bridge to Adventureland. The food was good, the server kept our bevarages filled, and the characters were fun. In order, we saw Eeyore, Piglet, Pooh, and Tigger. Emily enjoyed parading around the restaurant.

After dinner, we used our fastpasses for Pooh and then took in another showing of Mickey's Philharmagic, before making our way over to Tomorrowland and seeing Carousel of Progress and riding TTA once more. We then walked back to Adventureland and picked up fastpasses for Jungle Cruise. Ashleigh still need more Haunted Mansion, so off we went. The wait time posted was 20 minutes,but it was only about 5 min. We were kind of hoping for the same thing over at Pirates, as that was posted at 30 minutes. It wasn't 30, but was still about 20 minutes. Emily and I then rode Aladdin's Magic Carpets, where one of those camels got me right in the temple at takeoff. It was time for our fastpass at Jungle Cruise. It felt so good to bypass that 40 minute standby line and practically hop right on. Our skipper was excellent and enthusiastic. We also had a good group with us that would play along with him. it was really a fun ride! We had originally planned on staying for EMH here this evening, but that was from 11:00 PM to 2:00 AM and it was only approaching 9:00 PM. We had been her for 12 straight hours with no break, and no nap for Emily! We had accomplished so much already that we decided to beat the crowds and head back to the resort.

Emily wasn't really fond of the new plan as she did not want to leave. She thought this might be her last time in this park, as we have to leave tomorrow. But with a promised dip in the pool, she was satisfied. Ashleigh wasn't in the mood for a sim so Ron took her, while I wen to the front desk to have them print our boarding passes for us. That took quite along while and I kind of hoped they would be out of the pool when I returned, but they weren't. I had promised Emily earlier that I would come in too, so I had to keep my word, even though it was alittle too cool for my taste. Finally, we were able to get out and go back to the room. I had a lot of packing to do, but I got everything in order and manged to have enough room for souvenirs. I took more notes and then it was off to bed.

sleepingbooty
06-05-2007, 07:43 PM
I can't believe you made it 12 hours in MK with a preschooler! Bravo!

princessgirls
06-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Heather,

A wonderful day in the Magic Kingdom. Emily did great. She is a trooper!!! She would get along fabously with my two. They are commando's when it comes to Disney.

Thanks for the great report!!!

I enjoy reading them so.

Julie:mickey:

offwego
06-06-2007, 09:47 AM
A great day! You got so much done, (aside of course from the ear blast) and still packed.

Your reports are always so complete, thanks for sharing with us.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-06-2007, 10:14 AM
What a wonderful day - minus the girls screaming in your ear about reclaiming Emily, that is! You sure packed alot into your last full day, Heather - I'm sorry to see your reports coming to an end! :(

faline
06-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Wow! What a long park day you managed! Aren't the lines for Pirates incredible?!

Mickey'sGirl
06-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Another great day Heather!

The playgrounds are such double edged swords, aren't they? (Our bane is the HISTK one over at MGM)... You did lots and it sounded like fun! Thanks for sharing. :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Lizzie
06-09-2007, 05:15 PM
I hope to make it to a park opening on our next trip.

MauiMouse
06-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Wow, another excellent day at Magic Kingdom. I can see why you didn't stay for EMH. Glad that everyone had a good time. :mickey:

Pocahontas
06-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Our family is like yours, we like to fit a lot of things into our day.

January-2007
06-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Thank you for your lovely trip reports, they've been so much fun to read!

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:41 AM
thanks!

Bethis26fan
06-17-2007, 05:44 PM
Sounds like another great day.

#1disneyfan
06-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Great day! Hate packing on that last day though!

thanks for sharing again!