PDA

View Full Version : Ratatouille Characters

DakotaDisney
06-05-2007, 04:32 PM
I am looking forward to seeing Ratatouille. I have enjoyed all the other Disney Pixar movies.:thumbsup:

Do you think they will have the "Ratatouille" characters at the parks? I think they will but, it might be kind of wierd. They do look kind of cute, but they are rats and mice. And not Mickey Mouse-like, but real rat looking.

What other characters has disney had throughout the years that you can think of that they did or didn't make into costumed characters, because of what they were or for some other reason?

plutoboy
06-06-2007, 02:30 AM
I'm sure that they'll have characters from the movie at the studios as the release date gets closer. I wouldn't be surprised to see them at EPCOT in France from time to time either since that's where the movie is based out of. For the most psrt Disney has walk around costumes for all of their characters but they are not always used unless it's a special event or based on popularity/familiarity.

When I was "friends" with the characters I once saw Basil and Ratigan from Mouse Detective in the tunnels...Ratigan was actually a little too scary but it would be fun to see them out and about.

snifflesmcg
06-06-2007, 02:36 AM
:offtopic: How cool would it be if one day they had a restaurant based off that movie? I saw the preview on tv for the first time tonight and that is the thought I had when seeing it.

Carol
06-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Remy will be making appearances. Jason reported it in his May Tidbits (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103538) thread. You can always find the latest happenings in the News forum.

5/17/07
Character Cast have reported that Remy (from Disney's upcoming feature film Ratatouille) is scheduled to start Meet and Greet appearances at the Magic of Disney Animation sometime during the first half of June 2007. This Meet and Greet is tentatively planned replace the current Meet the Robinsons' location.

AnnetteFan
06-06-2007, 02:34 PM
They'll definetly be out eventually, I saw fliers for workshops to learn to portray the characters and I've heard rumors of fittings. I think they're even going to part of the MGM parade, at least that's a rumor floating around.

joanna71985
06-07-2007, 12:29 PM
They'll definetly be out eventually, I saw fliers for workshops to learn to portray the characters and I've heard rumors of fittings. I think they're even going to part of the MGM parade, at least that's a rumor floating around.

Nice.

Khfan13
06-14-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm going later this month, (the 26th) and will acutally be there for the opening day. I really want to see them, so if those rumors are true...
:cloud9::ccat::simba::stitch:

By the way, does anybody know which specific characters are going to be in the parks?

SurferStitch
06-14-2007, 01:21 PM
I love Remy!! He's so cute! He's my computer wallpaper at work right now.

I hope he'll be scurrying around the France pavilion when we're there in December! I'd love to get a picture with him.

Blue Genie
06-14-2007, 02:55 PM
In Disneyland Remy is going to be place at New Orleans Quead were they had Jack Sparrow at. What I hear he is sopost to show up on June 29th there. The sad thing is I'm going to Disneyland on June 23rd so I will miss him until sometime next month. :(

joanna71985
06-14-2007, 04:30 PM
I heard they are coming out this weekend!! It will be Remy and his fat friend, and they will be in the Animation building.

Khfan13
06-14-2007, 11:38 PM
YAY!!!:cloud9: I can't wait to get my picture with him. Though i'm not sure if his costume will allow him to sign autographs or not...

joanna71985
06-17-2007, 12:53 PM
I saw them today! They are sooooooo cute! And yes, they do sign.

Carol
06-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Here they are;

LuckyMum22
06-18-2007, 05:11 PM
Thank you so much for the awesome photo!
Is this an official release photo or did one of our Intercotees take this excellent picture?
I love the idea of a themed resaurant.(...I guess I better wait until I see the movie before I say that though!)
I am so psyched to get their autographs in 71days!
:minnie:

DisneyFreak23
06-18-2007, 05:13 PM
they are cute!! I hope they are still there when i go in 83 days!

Carol
06-19-2007, 06:32 AM
Is this an official release photo or did one of our Intercotees take this excellent picture?
It's the official photo released by Disney. :photo:

Iluvpooh
06-19-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm sure that they'll have characters from the movie at the studios as the release date gets closer. I wouldn't be surprised to see them at EPCOT in France from time to time either since that's where the movie is based out of. For the most psrt Disney has walk around costumes for all of their characters but they are not always used unless it's a special event or based on popularity/familiarity.

When I was "friends" with the characters I once saw Basil and Ratigan from Mouse Detective in the tunnels...Ratigan was actually a little too scary but it would be fun to see them out and about.

My DD4 would give anything to meet BAsil and Ratigan. She loves them both. She keeps saying when we get to WDW she is going to kick Ratigan in the knee-because he is so mean to Olivia. She runs around pretending to be Basil, My DD3 is Olivia, DH is Ratigan and I am Fidget. She seriously LOVES Great Mous Detective. I so wish you could meet them in the parks. Maybe at the Villains Meet and the Halloween Party.

Momof2boys
06-19-2007, 10:52 AM
We can't wait to see the movie & now meet these cute little ones :)

jsw123
06-19-2007, 08:58 PM
My DD will be thrilled to meet these guys! SHe is 3 and has been looking forward to Ratatouille since they brought a big cheese slide to a festival we were at to promote the movie. She loves characters and especially animals, so I don't think the fact that they are rodents will pause her at all!:mickey:

We leave one month from tomorrow!!!!:):)

Becky'sMom
07-03-2007, 07:06 PM
I took Becky to see Ratatouille - we loved it!!!
I thought I saw someone mention that Remy and Emile (the rat brothers) would be appearing in the parks...does anyone have info on this? we're leaving for Disney tomorrow night...
Thanks,
lauren

Suz36
07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
We loved it too! I think I read that they are at the Magic of Disney Animation in MGM - that seems to be where they have the latest movies's characters. Have a great trip!

joanna71985
07-07-2007, 12:21 AM
Yup. Emile and Remy meet on the bottom level at Animation. The backdrop for them is awsome!

mainemajor
07-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Great photo :number1: I hope they are still around in August when I'm there

celestesmommie
07-10-2007, 12:05 AM
We got our pic with Remy on July 4th. He's so fuzzy!

Taron
07-11-2007, 02:13 PM
I think they are going to show up in France someday but not too much, there are many French characters yet there like Belle, Beast, Marie, Aurora, Cinderella, Queasi... and the Epcot Park can't afford too many characters because their parks are the lowest budgeted and visited.

IDreamofEeyore
07-13-2007, 12:00 AM
We loved the movie also! If you haven't seen it yet...you need to...it is fantastic!

Can't wait to meet Remy & Emil next week!!!!

cloud9
08-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Do you know if they are still there? We are going to be there on the 24th of August and were hoping to do a family picture with them.

If they are going to be there, are there specific times for the meet and greet or is it an all day thing?

Thank you!

jsw123
08-11-2007, 10:48 PM
We saw Remy two weeks ago when we went. He was in the Animation building starting at around 11:00, I think, and running most of the day. It said specific times on the show/ character schedule when we got to the park. The backdrop was great, too! My daughter even got some Pooh temporary tattoos while we waited. The line wasn't bad at all. Definitely fun if you liked the movie!

cloud9
08-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Wonderful! Thank you! We loved the movie.