PDA

View Full Version : What do you love about spending Christmas at Disney. What's special at each park.

Alpha Jeanie
06-05-2007, 04:24 PM
We are thinking of going to Disney World for Christmas 2009. :santa:

I caught a glimpse of how the Magic Kingdom looks in December on a Food Network special about Disney food during the holidays. The park looked beautiful!! :candy:

What is your favorite thing is at Disney during the holidays that makes it so different than going during the spring or summer. :snowman:
Do all the parks have holiday decorations and activites or is is just the Magic Kingdom.

We always stay at Wilderness Lodge and I have heard that it is beautiful at Christmas time.
:deer: :tree:

Thanks for any info.:mickey:

IloveJack
06-05-2007, 04:40 PM
It's been a while, but when my family was there in 2001 for Thanksgiving, the decs were already up. Every park decorated for the holidays, but MGM was the most "lit up" with the Osborne lights. I really enjoyed the "snow" that comes down at night, and the "angel glasses". Disney is already a magical place, but mix the holiday spirit in with that, and I couldn't get the smile off my face!

awaggett
06-05-2007, 04:59 PM
We were there last year at Christmas and it was amazing! To me, MK had the least amount of decorations!

MK: Big tree on Main Street with snow in the evenings--really magical!

Epcot: Santas around the world, great tree lighting ceremony, wonderful "tunnel of lights", Candlelight Processional--you have to see it!

MGM: The Osborne Lights--not to be missed--we spent over an hour just watching the lights and listening to the music.

AK: I don't remember much here--wreaths, trees, etc., nothing outstanding.

Wilderness Lodge: amazing tree and decorations--just sitting by the fire and reading.

AK Lodge: another amazing tree--and African traditional Christmas story-telling.

YB Club: Carousel of Chocolate!

Grand Floridian: Life-sized gingerbread house--amazing tree, flowers, etc. We spent over an hour here just walking around.

All in all--it is amazing at Christmastime!

Deesdisney
06-05-2007, 05:22 PM
We have been there twice. I really enjoyed the Mickeys Christmas Party. They have some really good shows and a great parade. We used the park and rides during the day and saw all the special shows during the party. My daughter had a great time dancing with the characters. It is beautiful all around WDW. If you can I would check out all the Hotels too.

dixielandings
06-05-2007, 05:47 PM
What do I like best about Christmas at WDW? Tough question - it's all beautiful like the other posters have said. I am a Christmas and Disney junkie so I'm in heaven being there at Holiday time. My most emotional responses seemed to be at the Osborne Lights and watching Christmas Wishes during MVMCP. But it's all special and you should definitely save some time for exploring some of the other resorts during your stay. And yes, WL is beautiful for Christmas!

BelleBeauty
06-05-2007, 06:07 PM
It is exactly how I would decorate if I had my wish come true! Every inch of every thing decorate - garlands, snow, lights, balls, and more! The spirit of Christmas is everywhere in the shape of all of your characters.

disneycouple2004
06-05-2007, 06:24 PM
There is nothing that can compare to Disney World at Christmas time. We were married there at Christmas and try to return every year for our anniversary. Everywhere at Disney is wonderful that time of year, i can't possibly put it all here, you need to see it for yourself..truly magical, and even more so during the holidays.
:magic::tink::santa2::tree:
have a great trip:thumbsup: