PDA

View Full Version : Tipping Kids Club Crew?

heart4princephillip
06-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Does anyone know the tipping policies for the crew that works in the Kids' Clubs? Do they accept them, and if so, how much is the norm?

FatCat
06-05-2007, 01:17 PM
My understanding is that they are not allowed to accept monetary tips. Having said that I have heard of people giving phone cards or Florida instant lottery tickets as tips.

I am not sure about the number of counserlors per age group. Their pictures are on the walls. I think it is at least 10.

I guess there is really no norm. And you do not want to leave some people out. So perhaps the easiest thing to do is buy a bunch of something and give it to the desk on the last day for them to distribute.

GreenBeetle
06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
My understanding is that they are not allowed to accept monetary tips.

I've heard this before. Any idea why? The rest of the crew can accept money, right?

FatCat
06-05-2007, 04:02 PM
My guess is it would be one of those situations where you would not want the influence of money to effect the attention or care given to one child over the other.

ElenitaB
06-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Policy for the Clubs is that the counselors are not allowed to accept gratuities. If they are given gifts (even gift cards), they are supposed to turn them in. When we cruised last year, I bought a huge bag of candy from Costco (it was around Halloween time) and brought it to the Club when my DS first went. It was much appreciated from what I could tell. I had brought along gift cards from WalMart but DS ended up not spending much time in the Club. Many CMs head over to WalMart on their days off when they're in port, so I thought that would be a welcome gift.

hache
12-31-2007, 05:24 PM
From what I understand-if the counselor is given $, it goes into a pool for everyone. They then throw a party with the $. If they get gift cards or such, they have to turn that in too and it is given as prizes during their meetings. The one thing that a counselor said was if you really liked one counselor in particular, then please mention that to the CM and their name is put in a drawing for special things on the ship. (a dinner at Palos, a spa treatment, etc,)
Candy was also mentioned as a favorite.
Hope this helps!