PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Pucks

pox24
06-05-2007, 11:07 AM
My wife and I would like to try Wolfgang Pucks Fine Dining in July. Is it really fine and what can we look forward to?

ThanxForNoticin
06-05-2007, 12:23 PM
We love eating at WP. They have really good salads and pizzas, along with many other choices. If you look in Info Central here on Intercot and go to the dining menus, they have a full description for you. I would never hesitate eating at WP. Enjoy.

Natazu
06-06-2007, 04:07 AM
Expect a very creative, constantly changing menu, first rate service, and food that makes you stop talking and just eat. Expect staff knowledgable of every aspect of the menu

I highly recommend the 7-course Chef's Tour. It's like an $80 gourmet value meal, super-size for $35.

tomorrowschild
06-06-2007, 03:29 PM
It depends on which Wolfgang Puck's you are refereing to. Are you going to the Express, Cafe or the more fine dinig upstairs at the Cafe. We have done the Express many times and looooove it. Great CS food! We have also tried the Cafe and really enjoyed it as well. A nice variety of food, I loved the pumpkin ravioli. You don't have to be dressed up to eat here- we saw all kinds of clothes-from shorts and shirts to dress shirts and ties. I have heard good things about the upstairs "fine" dining. Enjoy:mickey:

mickey-mouse35
06-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I highly recommend the 7-course Chef's Tour. It's like an $80 gourmet value meal, super-size for $35.

Jym--tell me more please! :mickey: We have ADR for WP Cafe--can I get this here or just upstairs in the fancy dining place? What did you have for your seven courses?? Do you have to make special reservations for this or is it always on menu?? Sounds yummy!!!! :D

THANKS!!!

Natazu
06-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Jym--tell me more please! :mickey: We have ADR for WP Cafe--can I get this here or just upstairs in the fancy dining place? What did you have for your seven courses?? Do you have to make special reservations for this or is it always on menu?? Sounds yummy!!!! :D

THANKS!!!
Think of the upstairs as a different restaurant completely with its own ADRs, menu, style, and dress code. It's closer to V&A than anything else. The chef's tour a few months ago was:
1st
Sauteed Maryland Crab Cake marinated tomatoes, basil aioli and micro greens salad
2nd
Farm Heirloom Tomato Salad featuring herbed goat cheese, aged balsamic, provencal olive oil with micro basil
3rd
Sweet Corn and Mascarpone Stuffed Agnolotti
4th
Togarashi Seared Ahi Tuna with Miso Vinaigrette
5th
Chinois Rack of Colorado Lamb
6th
Ashed Chevreaux Cheese with Roasted Beets
7th
mini cheesecake, mini key lime torte, & beignets

For $34.95 additional, you can get wine pairings as a flight of six wines with courses 1-6. If you want a current menu for the "Upstairs", PM me and I'll get one emailed to you. I, um, know a guy. ;)

mickey-mouse35
06-07-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks, Jym--I'll check into that closer to October when we're going! :mickey:

bettie
06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
You are going to really enjoy the WP Dining Room!

I've only been once, but that one time was quite possibly one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. They even made a custom vegetarian pasta dish for me since there was only one other vegetarian option on the entree menu.

The service was impeccable. The servers took the time to explain things, and paid attention to the customers without being suffocating. The wine sommelier was a nice touch as well.

Enjoy!! :thumbsup:

grumpycajun
06-08-2007, 05:58 PM
We went to the cafe for lunch and it was great. I can't comment on the fine dining upstairs, but I can say that Wolfgang has been a cutting edge chef for a long while and he has a lot of respect in the industry. He doesn't visit the Disney resort very often (I asked when we had lunch), so It's not likely he'll be back there cooking for you. But, I do know that if the kitchen staff prepares what he creates the way it should be done, there's no way you won't be impressed.