PDA

View Full Version : Which Building at POR?

donsteele
06-05-2007, 10:46 AM
For our Sept. '08 trip which POR building should we stay in?

Thanks for your input.

Kairi_7378
06-05-2007, 12:35 PM
If you stay in the Bayou section, Buildings 18 and 27 are great. They are very close to the main building and the main bus stop. However, they are very quiet. Can't comment on the mansions, since I haven't stayed there (yet ;))

Amy_617
06-05-2007, 02:33 PM
We love POR. This is a beautiful resort! We have always stayed in the Magnolia Bend section (mansions) and we love Parterre Place. This (we feel) is the closest to the food court. It is also very easy to get to the boat ramp which takes you to Downtown Disney. Both sections are very nice, we just prefer the mansions because of the flowers and fountains. It's just so beautiful!

Now, I don't know if this matters to you or not, but the alligator bayou section does not have elevators in the buildings. But then again, the buildings are only two storys high.

No matter your choice, you will have a blast! You'll be at DISNEY!!! :mickey:

Have Fun!

AwPhooey
06-05-2007, 02:39 PM
We stayed in Alligator Bayou 35 and really loved it. It's not too far from the West Depot bus stop, there's a quiet pool and laundry facility right nearby. Plus, the main building and the bigger swimming area, Ol' Man River, are only a short walk away.

If you decide to go walking, though, get a map first. There are some places where paths meet that either don't have signs or the signs are in strange places (such as after a turn that you could have made, if you had only known to turn there).

It's a great resort and I highly recommend it! :thumbsup:

Nicki'sMom
06-05-2007, 03:16 PM
We stayed in Acadia House and it is just across the footbridge form the main pool and the food court is another footbridge after the pool. We were a short walk to our bus stop. We were very happy with the building and we were travelling with two year old. Also found it to be very quiet and relaxing.

jenperich
06-05-2007, 03:22 PM
When we stayed at POR, we were in Building 18 in the Alligator Bayou. It was a great place to stay. Close to everything, but still really quiet. It was great. :-) Have a great time there, it's a really nice place.

disney100%
06-06-2007, 01:02 PM
I would have to say Acadia House or Magnolia Terrace. These are my families favorites. I love the mansions, though we enjoyed the bayous too when we stayed there. POR is absolutely our favorite resort. We are already planning our trip to POR for February 2008.

disneymom2000
06-07-2007, 10:03 PM
When we stayed here we stayed in Magnolia Terrace. The rooms were very comfortable and we had an extremely short walk across the back parking lot to the bus depot. The pool was also very cool. Boatwrights is a wonderful place to eat and you can take the boat instead of the bus to Downtown Disney. I enjoyed it very much.

katzctkpt
06-08-2007, 02:12 PM
We've stayed in bldg 18 in the Bayou the last 3 yrs and are requesting that bldg again. Click on the resorts tab POR map and see bldg locations. I would say any of the bldgs 14-18 or 27 would be a good choice.
We love this resort very peaceful.

POR in 14 days here we come!!!!!

Bohms4
06-09-2007, 10:30 AM
We stayed in AB in building 15 - it was great. Close to the main building, quiet pool, laundry, main pool and bus stop. Couldn't ask for a better building.

LuckyMum22
06-09-2007, 10:41 AM
I have read that there could be noise from the nearby highway if you stay in AB buildings 15, 16, 17 and 24. I don't have any experience with this but we are also planning a trip there soon. It seems that AB buildings 14, 18 and 27 are highly recommended. I am also going to check out the map and see about #35 since the previous post mentioned that one! :rocks:

Bohms4
06-09-2007, 08:53 PM
I have read that there could be noise from the nearby highway if you stay in AB buildings 15, 16, 17 and 24.

We never heard any noise from the highway in building 15.

LuckyMum22
06-10-2007, 08:46 AM
We never heard any noise from the highway in building 15.

Awesome!
I'm so glad you posted! I read in a different book that #15 was good and from looking at the map it seems close to the bus stop and the main building where you fill your mugs. There even seems to be a walkway to the quiet pool that is closeby.
I appreciate your personal experience over what the book says!
Thanks!

moe513
06-10-2007, 11:32 AM
If you need the trundle bed they are only in ab section.