PDA

View Full Version : Fun question.

Deesdisney
06-05-2007, 09:41 AM
The other day I bought a lottery ticket (which I have not done in years) and my kids 19, 16 and 4 asked what I would do with my winnings if I ever won. I had to think hard. But my answer was to live at Disney World for a month. Go to sleep and wake up with Disney magic. I would have to buy DVC points to stay in a 2 bdrm. every year. And go to all other Disney parks at least once. What would you do if you won or came into a lot of money?? I would like to hear what you would do. Maybe I can add some more Magic to my Dream.:cloud9:

kakn7294
06-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Depends on how much money but I would first pay off my house and cars and set aside money for my DD's educations and our retirements. Then, I would definately spend a huge chunk on a dream WDW vacation and probably DVC as well. It's always nice to dream!

tink2006
06-05-2007, 10:27 AM
My DS asked me that the other day. First, I would need to buy that lottery ticket .;)..... I answered almost the same way. I told him I would plan a family gathering at the World. We would all meet and spend two weeks at the World enjoying each others company in the magic :cloud9: Because we are scattered all over, it is hard to have the kids spend a lot of time together. What better place to bond than at WDW :mickey:

Not2Loud
06-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Definately depends on the amount.

As stated before, the essentials such as paying off debt, child's education, retirement issues.

With that said, I am a firm believer in enjoying life while I can. Not to say I won't enjoy Disney when I retire, but I need it NOW!! I would probably have a big blow-out stay. Maybe try each of the resorts for a week?

Maybe buy a RV so I can stay at FW for months at a time. Thats a dream already...but can't really do that since DD4 starts school soon...

I wonder if they would let her go the school in Celebration if we had a FW mailing address..

disneycouple2004
06-05-2007, 10:59 AM
I just love to dream big !!
OK first buy the ticket :D
Give 10% right off the top to my favorite charity or church.
Set up my Mother for rest of her life( she is still working at age 66)
Pay off all bills...of course..
Set aside college funds, retirement, investments etc..
Buy alot more DVC points and take the entire family on at least a 2 week Disney Dream vacation of a lifetime, and at least a 10 day cruise with Disney.
Then i would most likely get a job at Disney so i could help share the magic and see those smiling faces every day !!:thumbsup:

disneydrmr
06-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Funny you should ask this today.. I stopped and bought my ticket this AM and I've been looking at chalets in the Smokies all morning! I want to rent one for my family to celebrate the holidays in! :D I would take multiple trips to Disney every year. Maybe 1 week there every 2 months or so... I have two doggies and don't really like leaving them for too long at a time... Hmmm... maybe we'll both be the winners and we can split the prize?

Disney Doll
06-05-2007, 05:33 PM
I work in higher education so first off I would have to donate some to my university's scholarship program. Then, I would do the practical stuff like setting some aside for my child's education and my retirement. A family trip to WDW would be next on my list. It would be nice to share a nice vacation with the entire family. If there was anything left I would pay off the house.

princessjojo
06-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Funny you should ask that today. Yesterday, I would have said I would be practical with a lot or most of the winnings and the remainder would be fun cash, maybe the interest would be the fun cash. But today, after seeing my younger DS's face when he walked out of school, I would pull him and his brother out of public school (I'm a strong advocate of public schools) and go private all the way! And knowing that everything has it's price, I would find the right price to get his current teacher out of the school system FOREVER!!! Someone would surely fire her for the right price...I digress....

I surely wouldn't put my Magical/Grand Gathering off until next year, but as soon as possible, and do it again next year, and the year after that. All after firing the teacher.:thedolls:

snifflesmcg
06-05-2007, 06:16 PM
I'd buy a modest house, a newer car, pay off bills and book my trip for the 90 day cruise around the world. :D

Deesdisney
06-06-2007, 08:59 AM
I just thought of some more. I would also like to go to WDW and bring my family and use the Platinum package. I would also buy a condo for each of my kids. So I know they were ok if something ever happened to me.

January-2007
06-06-2007, 09:26 AM
We actually did fall into a bit of money, right as soon as we walked in the door from our Walt Disney World vacation on Monday. We are using that money to save for a house. It's nice to have a nest egg to sit on. Oh, and we're paying off a bill. These days I think it's more important to live someplace you like than to stay at someplace nice for a week or two.

bleukarma
06-06-2007, 09:31 AM
I’ve thought about posting this same question except making it a rule that you cant list things like pay off debt, buy a house, buy a car, give money to mom,sister,brother,grandma,cousin and donate to charity. I think we would all do that.

For the “extras” with my prize money I would defiantly buy into DVC! I would probably also plan a cruise trip since I’ve never been on one. I would buy season tickets to the Tampa Bay Lightning (yes, girls can be hockey fans too!), I would get a personal trainer. And I would probably go back to school to get a marketing degree to hopefully get hired by Disney corporate one day! Oh, and I’d spend at least a month in Italy.

k_reile
06-06-2007, 07:34 PM
DH and I are actually getting a little bit of money....we are paying off all of our debt except our house and of course taking a WDW vacation this sept. We are actually getting more money than we thought and are upgrading our vacation to the Boardwalk Inn from CBR...we thought we better make it a vacation of a lifetime since we will probably not make it back for another 10 years...we want to go back once we have kids and when they are old enough to walk and enjoy WDW.:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
06-06-2007, 08:39 PM
DOWNSIZE !! DH will be retiring in about six years, and I can't keep up with 2200 sq. feet, even with Bentley(the Bassett), and Dakota, (the Chow Lab) helping. It cost's lots to get a house ready to sell, and the market is sluggish. Maybe buy something smaller, and rent this one.

THEN, charter a private jet, get a limo driver for a week or two at Disney - (busses are too hard for me), and just do the parks slow and easy!

Slip the CM's a bribe for immediate seating in all my favorite restaurants. RIGHT!

TOO MUCH?:D