PDA

View Full Version : 1st time on DDP & 1st trip w/ kids

crazykids
06-05-2007, 09:09 AM
We're headed for our first family vacation to WDW for 10 nights & will be using the dining plan. Kids ages are 4, 3, & 20 months. We take our kids out to eat frequently & as long as there is bread or crackers to munch on while they wait for their food - they usually stay pretty well behaved. We're going during free dining & we also have a lot of disney rewards saved up, so we've decided to splurge on meals & aren't necessarily worried about "value" Any experiences with these restaurants would be a great help.

Dinner

Chef Mickey (OOP, kids 1TS)
Coral Reef (1TS)
Ohana (OOP, kids - 1TS)
Kona Cafe (1TS)
Narcoossees (2TS, kids OOP)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (2TS, kids OOP)
Flying Fish (2TS, kids OOP)
Brown Derby Fantasmic Pkg. (all OOP)
Le Cellier (1TS)
Chefs de France (1TS)

Breakfast

Hollywood & Vine (OOP, kids 1TS)
Ohana (OOP, kids 1TS)
Donalds Breakfastsaurus (OOP, kids 1TS)
Chef Mickey (OOP, kids 1TS)

tarzan_rocks
06-05-2007, 09:18 AM
We dine with a 4-year-old and a 1-year-old. Of the restaurants you mention, these are our favorites.

Dinner
Chef Mickey’s
Le Cellier

Breakfast
Hollywood & Vine
Ohana
Chef Mickey’s

I highly recommend Ohana because of the family style service. Since with little ones, you always have to have an adult at the table, you are always taking turns going to the buffet to get food for you or the kids. The family style service at Ohana let’s you all stay together as a family throughout the meal.

tr

pshokie
06-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Not a warning just a "been there" piece of information for a first timer with kids. The character meals are a great way to see the characters in a non-rushed environment. But it is darn near imposible to eat, especially at a buffet with little ones (under 4).

Again, not a warning or a complaint, just an FYI. Keep the ADRs you got. The tables are typical restaurant size. The buffet plates may stack up on the table, and with the autograph books (which need to be out and ready to sign) & camera/camcorder taking up room, things can get pretty outta hand and you can run outta space very quickly.

Your kids will have their heads on swivels once they see the "special guests".

Our approach was to have my DW feed the kids and feed herself while all the charatcters did the rounds. I merely photo'd and filmed (a dual skill I picked up at WDW. Have Hubby Practice :thumbsup: Right hand photo, Left hand camcorder). Once we had all the characters, I got my plate and ate like a crazed animal.

Would I do it again? Absolutely! :D

SBETigg
06-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Dinner

Coral Reef (1TS)- This can be a very long meal. Not always, and I hope it goes well for you. The kids will have the fish to look at, at least. Not a favorite for us.

Ohana (OOP, kids - 1TS): Excellent choice, good food and family fun- enjoy!

Kona Cafe (1TS) Quieter than 'Ohana, not as fun for the kids, but good food in a nice comfortable atmosphere.

Brown Derby Fantasmic Pkg. (all OOP) We've had excellent food here, great service, and a relaxed atmosphere. The best of the Fantasmic Package dining choices.

Chefs de France (1TS) One of our favorites in the past. My daughter loved the kids menu and Minnie Cocktails (Shirley Temples).

Breakfast

Ohana (OOP, kids 1TS)
Donalds Breakfastsaurus (OOP, kids 1TS)

We really enjoyed both of these character breakfasts. 'Ohana is calm with great interaction, our favorite. But Breakfastosaurus was a lot of fun, too.