PDA

View Full Version : Some Vacation Thoughts

disneydrmr
06-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Since summer vacation time is here.. thought you'd all enjoy reading these thoughts on vacation...

1. I just got back from vacation, and BOY! do I need a vacation! :vacation:

2. A dream vacation is one where your family all gets along.

3. A cruise is when you go for days and days and see nothing... but food! :eat:

4. I told my wife she could take any kind of cruise she wanted. She said "Great, I'll take Tom!"

5. If you go camping on your vacation, keep in mind that a hot rock placed in your sleeping bag will keep your feet warm, but eating a hot enchilada works just as well and is less dangerous.

6. An RV is a "home away from home". In other words, nobody is gonna make your bed for you.

7. "Winnebago" - I think it's an old Indian term meaning "I'm gonna kill those kids when I get home."

8. A tuba placed on your picnic table will keep campsites on either side vacant.

9. The guitar of a noisy teenager makes excellent kindling. :rocker:

And here's an advisory for all you outdoorsmen... In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear confrontations, the Montana Dept. of Fish and Game is advising hikers, hunters and fishermen to take extra precautions and be alert for bears while in the field. "We advise that outdoorsmen wear small bells on their clothing so as not to startle bears that aren't expecting them, and to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter."

It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear droppings. Black bear droppings are smaller and contain lots of berries and fur. Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in it and smell like pepper. :silly:

Hope everyone has safe and fun summer vacations!

MsMin
06-05-2007, 08:37 AM
thanks for the morning laugh.. reminds me of our camper days....

jodijo
06-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Very Funny! Thanks for the laugh!

gauvin4
06-05-2007, 09:09 AM
2. A dream vacation is one where your family all gets along.

That would be fantastic!! :cloud9:

January-2007
06-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Grizzly bear droppings have little bells in it and smell like pepper. :silly:

That's great! Thanks for sharing! We are campers so this stuff cracks me up. The tuba, that's a good one too...