PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Busch

JanetMegan
06-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Boy that was a stupid move yesterday huh? I'm just wondering what his penalty will be? What was Edwards penalty when he got a little too aggresive in the pits with the 20 car last season? Anyone remember?

Deesdisney
06-05-2007, 08:58 AM
I would think it would be severe. My husband goes over the wall for a cup team and after seeing what he did with crew member on that side of the car I was very upset. I would hope that drivers would have there heads on a little better than that. He should have talked to him outside of the car not in pit lane.

SandmanGStefani24
06-05-2007, 02:45 PM
When it comes to endangering lives of crew or officials, they are pretty strict, except for when Carl Edwards tried to reenact Days of Thunder. I'd say he's gonna be gone for at least a week. If he isn't I'll be very disappointed in Nascar.

And dispite the fact that I like Kurt, he made a boneheaded decision and deserves whatever he gets. He will still get off lighter than if he had actually gotten out of his car and dealt with Tony face to face. :D Where's your courage, Kurt? Did Jimmy Spencer knock it out of ya? Yet another reason to be a Jeff Gordon fan : Jeff always deals with whoever he has issue with face to face (Tony, Dale Jarrett, Kenseth, Rusty Wallace.)

Jeff
06-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Stupid!

Marker
06-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Yet another reason to be a Jeff Gordon fan : Jeff always deals with whoever he has issue with face to face (Tony, Dale Jarrett, Kenseth, Rusty Wallace.)

NO WAY!!!! Seems Mr. Gordon has issue with a lot of folks. :D

However, I agree. I would think, and hope, it'll be a MAJOR penalty..... lots of points and dollars as well as take him out of the car for a while. Do that with a crew member there is just totally over the edge. He needs to be "spanked" hard.

Nascfan
06-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Forget the money, remove him from the car for several races...at least.

If he and Stewart want to turn themselves into wall fodder out on the track, that's their business, but to endager a crewman like that, there's no place in the sport for it.

Earnhardt321
06-06-2007, 06:30 PM
I agree with Nascfan I think Kurt Bush needs to sit for a few races. Pit road is no place to take revenge out on another driver. I don't think that the track is the place either there are alot of other people that have nothing to do with the problems of a few drivers.

Marker
06-08-2007, 10:12 AM
100 driver points
100 owner points
$100,000
Probation for the rest of the year

and in his "apology" statement he never mentioned the guy he almost ran over.

He got of EXTREMELY easy.

Jeff
06-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Sitting out a race would have been more effective than taking the 100 points It probably would have been about the same number of points lost but it would be much more embarrassing to miss a race.

I suppose the sponsor would not have been real happy to have no Miller Lite car in the race though. Sponsor money talks louder than justice IMHO.

JanetMegan
06-08-2007, 11:21 AM
Sounds like just a slap on the wrist to me. I really thought they would make an example of him...kind of a shame really.

Marker
06-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I suppose the sponsor would not have been real happy to have no Miller Lite car in the race though.

Just because the drive sits out, doesn't mean the car has to, unless that would also have been a part of the penalty. If a race suspension were imposed on a week when IRL was not racing, they could remove Kurt Busch from the 2, and let Sam Hornish Jr drive it. Hornish drives 12 for Penske in the Busch series on weeks when he's not driving IRL. Outcome - Kurt Busch sits, Hornish gets some cup experience, and likely the 2 gets plenty of camera time keeping the sponsor happy.

Acutally, no matter who they'd put in the 2 it would no doubt get plenty of camera time because it would be a hot topic.

I'm hoping Roger Penske and/or Miller Brewing perhaps impose their own circumstances. I would bet that neither of them are very happy either.

SandmanGStefani24
06-08-2007, 02:02 PM
I agree 100% Marker. It would have been just like when Kenny Wallace drove the 97 when Roush had enough of him. Hornish would have been an ok choice, but I would have loved to have seen Rusty hop back in for a one-off type thing! Hey, he's got plenty of time on his hands right now.
Kurt got off way too easy either way. :down:

Marker
06-08-2007, 04:38 PM
I thought about Rusty too, but they'd have to deal with his ABC contract, and he'd be at the IRL race too. With Hornish, he's already a Penske employee.

I just read that even Kurt Busch was surprised that he wasn't suspended.

I guess NASCAR's "safety" movement lost some of it's focus on this one.