PDA

View Full Version : Any input on our dining choices?

KAT1811
06-04-2007, 10:36 PM
We are going to our beloved Walt Disney World in September for almost two weeks and are traveling with a pretty eclectic group. DH and I are going with our three DDs (10, 2 1/2, and 7 months) my parents are also on board, as well as DH's cousin and his wife. Who, in addition to my parents, are our best friends (they have no children nor want to). Oh, and my aunt and uncle will be joining us later on during the trip (also part of the best friends group). I've tried to pick restaurants that I think will meet everyone's needs during the trip. What are your thoughts, feelings, and personal experiences on them? Thank you for your input it really helps get a well rounded trip planned!

Just a side note we do not care for dinner/lunch buffets.

I put the restaurants we've never eaten at in green.

So far this is what we have planned:

Whispering Canyons (1st night dinner plus I'd like to check out WL)

Mama Melrose (dinner)

Plaza Restaurant (dinner before MNSSHP)

Hoop-Dee-Doo Review (5:00pm show)

Cinderella's Royal Table (breakfast remember the 3 DD's)

San Angel Inn (dinner)

Concourse Steakhouse (dinner)

Crystal Palace (breakfast)

California Grill (dinner)

O'hana (dinner)

Le Cellier (dinner)

Disneyfun
06-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Here are my thoughts:

While your DD's would probably enjoy Wispering Canyon at WL, the adults may not as it is a bit loud and boystrous (sp?). I would recommend Artist's Point - better food, GREAT ambiance, and they have windows overlooking the waterfall! My DW's favorite restaurant!

As for The Plaza Restaurant, I have not eaten there, but when I was there last, the menu seemed to be filled with overpriced lunch faire. If you want a great restaurant for just before MNSSHP, I would recommend Liberty Tree Tavern in Liberty Square! Great location to view the ride of the Headless Horseman if they still do it!

You are going to absolute love California Grill. Better steaks than Concourse Steakhouse. Try to get an ADR about 35 minutes before the Wishes at MK. They pipe in the music and dim the lights! It's like having your own private viewing area for the fireworks!

Ohana's is great, but I have heard they have made it more like WIspering Canyon with games and fun for the kids during dinner. Good food though, and a great view of Wishes (although they don't pipe in the music like at the Contemporary). Make sure to watch the Electric Water Pageant starting at about 9PM - fun to watch from the beaches!

MsMin
06-05-2007, 08:33 AM
I think you have some great choices. I prefer to do a couple 2TS to help reduce the amount of food on the ddp. Looks like something for everyone...

KAT1811
06-05-2007, 08:39 AM
I think you have some great choices. I prefer to do a couple 2TS to help reduce the amount of food on the ddp. Looks like something for everyone...

We have Hoop-Dee-Doo and California Grill for our 2TS meals. We typically do one or two as well.

jenperich
06-05-2007, 09:42 AM
I am an adult(25 y.o.) and I absolutely LOVED Whispering Canyon. It's so fun and the food is great!! Make sure you ask for the ketchup. :-) As for Tony's, we're going there for the first time in November, so I hope we have a good experience there. You guys will have a ton of fun at the Hoop De Doo Revue. It's a lot of fun, especially with a big group. I think you will love it. Cinderella's Royal Table is wonderful! Especially for the little ones. They will just love it!! The view is magnificent!! Ask for a table by the windows...although it may be hard to get one. Crystal Palace is great! The characters are really fun and the food is good too. We are also trying San Angel Inn and Le Cellier for the first time too this trip. So, I hope you have a good meal, as I hope we do too. Hope this has helped. It sounds like you will be eating well. :-)

SBETigg
06-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Here are my thoughts:

Ohana's is great, but I have heard they have made it more like WIspering Canyon with games and fun for the kids during dinner. Good food though, and a great view of Wishes (although they don't pipe in the music like at the Contemporary). Make sure to watch the Electric Water Pageant starting at about 9PM - fun to watch from the beaches!

'Ohana has always done games for the kids and songs during dinner, haven't they? At least, they have for several years now. This is nothing new, and not quite like Whispering Canyon.

We very much enjoyed dinner at 'Ohana, great atmosphere, lots of fun, good food (save room for dessert!). San Angel Inn is another of our favorites (specifically, a favorite of my kids, now teens) with great atmosphere.

Figment78
06-05-2007, 12:52 PM
I second that a bunch of adults can have fun at Whispering Canyon! (assuming you like to have fun and let loose, which you must or you wouldn't be vacationing at WDW!) We just went with 6 adults (no kids) and spent the entire time laughing so hard it was difficult to eat!

I love the Plaza Restaurant but we usually do it for a late lunch. Yummy (huge) desserts!

I've not eaten at California Grill, but DH and I did spend some time there having drinks after the parks one night on our honeymoon and it was very cool being on the top of the Contemporary. The view of the MK is super cool!

DREAMADREAM93
06-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Whispering Canyons (1st night dinner plus I'd like to check out WL)

Mama Melrose (dinner)

Plaza Restaurant (dinner before MNSSHP)

Hoop-Dee-Doo Review (5:00pm show)

Cinderella's Royal Table (breakfast remember the 3 DD's)

San Angel Inn (dinner)

Concourse Steakhouse (dinner)

Crystal Palace (breakfast)

California Grill (dinner)

O'hana (dinner)

Le Cellier (dinner)

You did really well considering ALL of the people that were going.

When i was little me and my family went to the Hoopdedoo Review. I was, like, 8, and my dad got picked to go up on stage and i had the best tiome and so did the rest of my family.

O'Hana, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose's... good job.

And Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Royal Table for breakfast we do everytime.
Its a great tasting tradition :]

Good job, and Good luck!
Hope you have a good trip!

JOrdan :]

33 days ... but hey who's counting!?