PDA

View Full Version : 50's Prime Time Cafe

jenperich
06-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Has anyone done 50's Prime Time as just a couple? I've been as a party of four and we had a great time. I've made an ADR at Sci-Fi(which I absolutely love), but I'm now thinking of wanting to go to 50's. I'm just concerned that we're not going to have as much fun with just two of us as with four of us. What do you think??

Twinsowner
06-04-2007, 11:16 PM
We went with just a couple in October and we did have a great time but I can see where it would have been a lot more fun if there had been more people, especially kids. I think it is a little harder for the servers to "act out" with a couple their own age . Food is delicious though!!! We will be going back in November!!!

TiggerRPh
06-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Has anyone done 50's Prime Time as just a couple? I've been as a party of four and we had a great time. I've made an ADR at Sci-Fi(which I absolutely love), but I'm now thinking of wanting to go to 50's. I'm just concerned that we're not going to have as much fun with just two of us as with four of us. What do you think??

We did in 2001 but for lunch and frankly didn't have a great CM. The food was still good, just not very interactive.

tigger24601
06-04-2007, 11:29 PM
dh and i did it 2 years ago for our 1st anniversary. it was alot of fun. there was some play but we really got a kick out of watching the larger tables. there probly would have been more play if i hadn't been pregnant (at the time i didn't know i was pregnant) because i would not have eaten as much as i did. we will be back this november as well but we're bringing my dm, one of our best friends and our dh (will be 15 months). the food is awesome. i would go back just for that. you can't beat old fashioned chocolate milkshakes and fried chicken.

06-05-2007, 12:09 AM
I would skip Sci Fi. I was excited that we had made adrs there b/c we had never eaten there but the service was very slow & I didn't think the menu had much to choose from. We will not be eating there again.

Camping Mom
06-05-2007, 12:43 AM
Sci-Fi is a great place to hang out and have a shake and a burger and watch the old B movies. The menu isn't varied enough...with kids it is more difficult. It is pretty much a burger or you pay too much for something more. I do love sitting in the cars!

The Prive Time is a fun place to sit and watch the old TV clips and eat fried chicken. I agree about the service that it is sometimes hard to "act" out with adults. The first time we ever went we were a party of 17. We had cousin Carmen and it was Christmas time. My son absolutely hated the green beans and she forced him to eat them. It is some of the funniest video we have ever taken (the fact that my son was a born actor didn't hurt). We took a friend in January (who was a cast member at Disney) to eat at Prime Time and the cast member was terrible. No ribbing us, no "get your elbows off the table", no service. Then he charged us a big gratuity after our friend showed she worked at Disney. We didn't discover that until later since my DH didn't have on his glasses!! She got us a 10% discount and then we were charged 18% or something that big....and the service was the worst we had almost ever had at Disney.

If you are looking for atmosphere, they are both great!! If you are looking for the better food, I would go with SciFi. If you go to Prime Time, watch out for the green vegetables!!!:mickey:

Roo Girl
06-05-2007, 11:28 AM
DH and I have only gone here as a couple and we've never been disappointed. If you are game, then I assure you that you'll have a great time. I think the staff there picks up on your vibe and knows how far they can play with you. Case in point, we were there for lunch in April and we were really in a playful mood. Our server actually said how great it was to be able to play with guests- she had noticed that some guests were very stuffy and not at all receptive to the good natured fun. Give off the fun vibe and I'm sure you'll be pleased.

disneydrmr
06-05-2007, 11:50 AM
My sister and I ate at Prime Time when we went and did not experience any of the fun/playfullness - but then again - our server wasn't exactly the greatest, and they were overbooked that night also. The food though was great! We also ate at Sci-Fi and were not really that impressed. It was fun sitting in the car and watching the movie clips.. but our meal wasn't the greatest. The only thing I would go back for would be the soup! THAT was great!

DawsonAR
06-05-2007, 12:53 PM
My DH and I have been a few times. The experience was good but not the same as when you are with a big group of people. We enjoyed watcing the CM interact with other guest and we really enjoyed the food.

January-2007
06-05-2007, 10:31 PM
We dined at the 50s Prime Time last week as a party of two and had a lot of fun. We had "Uncle Tim" and he was a hoot. I got in trouble for having my elbows on the table and DH for not eating his carrots. I think it more depends on your server and your attitude than how many people are in your party to how fun a time you will have there. There was another server that just wasn't good with the two tables next to us, and our server got a large table nearby as we were finishing up and they all hammed it up a lot so it was fun to watch. Happy planning.

auntfrannie
06-06-2007, 07:11 AM
I think regardless of the group size, a lot depends on the server. I went with a group of 9 and had a great time; went with only 2 and it was so-so. I went by myself and had a great time because the server made me a part of the families around me.

Natazu
06-06-2007, 07:17 AM
I think 50s is more fun. If nothing else, at least the food there won't be nearly as bad.

septembergirl
06-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I think regardless of the group size, a lot depends on the server.

This is very true. We went with a group of 12 and had to be seated at separate tables. Although the tables were right next to each other, we had different servers. Ours was kind of a bust whereas the rest of my fam had a great server who had my db standing with his nose in the corner! My kids still talk about that!

Tynkerbelle
06-06-2007, 04:17 PM
My dbf & I went just the two of us last Sept. and the CM we had was great. Of course we're big kids ourselves and are always causing trouble! She was constantly "yelling" at us and actually picked up my fork to feed me my veggies (I wouldn't eat them) and took away my napkin so I couldn't spit them out. My bf got in "trouble" for throwing his veggies at me (I tattled) and was made to stand in the corner!
We had a blast - it does depend on the CM, but it also helps if you're playful, too!