PDA

View Full Version : What's the best deal you've gotten in August?

ShanPooh
06-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Hi!

Just curious as to what was the cheapest you've gotten for a room on-site in July or August.

We could possibly get REALLY inexpensive airfare and I would just HAVE to take advantage of it and plan a trip :D

I know we could get a value room for $74.13 a night with AAA, but if we could get it for less... :party:

Thanks in advance!

Auntie
06-04-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure I can help you but also wondered about any discounts or promotions for August. I know there are some AP rates that are available for summer. The free dining kicks in the end of August..but have their been any promotional room only discounts for earlier in August offered in recent years?

Jen C.
06-04-2007, 06:19 PM
In 2004 I got a postcard pin code and reserved WL courtyard view for $130 per night. That was a great deal!:party: That was good towards the end of August in to Sept. though.

Auntie
06-04-2007, 09:33 PM
That is a great deal considering we just paid $258.00 a night, and that was with a pin code mailer!

psychotekkie
06-04-2007, 10:22 PM
For our family of 4, the free dining saves us about $100 per day. So if you are comparing

A) Value at rack rate, saving $100/day in dining
vs
B) Value at a discount rate, saving maybe $25/day

For a family of 4, option A is obviously a much better rate. Even if you don't normally do free dining, you will still spend much more than $25 per day on food.

But if you are going to stay at a moderate or deluxe resort and have only one or two people, it might be a better deal to get discounted room rates.

ShanPooh
06-05-2007, 04:53 PM
We are staying from August 13-20, since DS starts 1st grade on the 22nd. Alas, we're missing the dining deal this time.
Just made airline reservations: Columbus to Orlando and back for 4 = $323!!! (DING yesterday on Southwest) :D
Now if we can get a good deal for room-only!
Maybe a promotion or pin postcard will come our way [I]quickly![I]