PDA

View Full Version : What do we think of Coronado SPrings Resort? Any Rants/Raves?

AliceinDisney
06-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Trying to decide between this one and Caribbean Beach. Have already stayed at Port Orlean's and want something different! Thanks.

pox24
06-04-2007, 03:09 PM
CBR is huge. Too huge. You can conveivably have a 25 minute walk to dinner if put in one of the outward buildings. CS is smaller and has, I think, a great food concept, The Pepper Market, and the Mayan Grille. No contest as far as I am concerned.... Coronado Springs.:thumbsup:

tiaramom
06-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Coronado Springs has beautiful grounds to walk around , jog, bike or push a stroller. It is very large ! The pools are heaven- I swam in 3 diffrent pools. One being large and decorative. with water falls etc. There is a great play ground , sand bottom to dig for kids. The pool bar is fairly large and very welcoming. There is a large lake to walk around and a bridge for a shorter walk to the restaurants /main areas.
it is very romantic at night. The lights are grand at the evening hours. There are boats to rent also. The food court isnt soemthing I enjoyed here- its much pricer than POP century and wasnt as good. The restarant wasnt good at all we waited 2 hrs. with an infant for our dinner. It wasnt worth the wait. Food isnt the best on Property. I usaully eat at the Parks.
The rooms are real nice- not much of a diffrence from value resorts- a big larger( thats it) a few other extra amenties in room- thats all. But, the grounds are real fun to walk about. Spotted many bunnies in the early hours on the grass. The Bus servive seemed pretty good too. The Disney shoppe here is real nice too, its large and offer many items . My favorite part about staying here is the resort like setting - that you dont get at a reg. hotel or a Value resort( though there is alot to do at a value) Its a bit costly- and not really perfect for infants- more teens and adults. It is a convention hotel- so many adults stay here. A bit more business class than fun for all family oriented. Its a matter of prefrence.

pixiegoose
06-04-2007, 07:21 PM
We stayed at CSR last July and LOVED it! :mickey: I'd love to stay there again sometime soon but I think only values will be in the budget for awhile. We loved the main pool and the theming throughout the resort is great. We loved Pepper Market and plan on eating there on our September trip, even though we're not staying there. And because it is a convention hotel, you don't have as many people taking the buses to the parks so they are usually pretty empty. In short, it gets :thumbsup: from us.

mecarroll
06-04-2007, 07:29 PM
My DW and I stayed there last year for our honeymoon and LOVED it. It was very romantic and like others have said, somewhat less family oriented. As for the food court, we loved it. I think that it was by far the best CS we had. The rooms were nicely decorated as was the entire resort. I have some wonderful pictures of the resort as the sun was setting.

The resort is VERY large, but it does have, I believe, four bus stops. You can also request a section, and I would request Cabanas 8B or 9A. We stayed in 8B and it was close to the main area.

Didn't visit the CBR so I can't compair it.

WVParkfan
06-05-2007, 01:29 PM
We stayed at Coronado Springs for our first three visits (all three were convention trips for me that I brought my family with me). We would stay beyond my convention for a couple of extra days, and by our third visit had fallen in love with this resort.

On other shorter trips, we also stayed at All Star Sports, Movies, and POP Century.

Like you, we wanted to be adventureous and try somewhere new. In 2005, we decided to book a week at Caribbean Beach in July. We really enjoyed CBR, but it cannot compare to CSR for us:

- Coronado Springs has the best pool area of any moderate or value. They have the biggest slide, the best play area (dig site), and the best overall pool atmoshpere.
- Best food court, too. The Pepper Market is soooooo much better than the one at CBR.
- The busses at both resorts are good, but CSR wins out here, too. Since there are conventions at this resort, not everyone staying there is trying to crowd on a bus to go to a park. We've never had to "stand up" on a bus to/ from CSR.
- The area around the lake is more fun at CSR. Sure, you can rent a bike or a boat at either, but it just seems better at CSR. It seems like there is more room (even though it is a smaller resort, the lake is bigger).
- The pool bar at Coronado Springs completely wins out over Caribbean.

It is hard to say anything bad about Caribbean Beach Resort, because we really enjoyed our stay there. But, if you are looking to be convinced to try CSR, then I hope that I've given you some reasons to try it. We really love that resort.

Diznee4Me
06-05-2007, 02:01 PM
WVPArk fan pretty much said it all but I will add another :thumbsup:

This November will be our sixth straight visit to CSR so I think that says it all. :D Great atmosphere, dining and superior bus service. Can't go wrong with the Coronado!

MissStyles
06-05-2007, 02:53 PM
I stayed there last weekend for the 2nd time. I highly recommend it. We were in one of the "further" buildings and still it wasn't that far of a walk to the main area or the main pool. I found myself walking around each day in awe of the beauty. My DBF loved the hammocks and spent a whole afternoon on one. We rented a kayak one morning and it was quite lovely. I could stay there without visiting the parks and be content. The foodcourt is excellent. So yes - another vote to go for CSR! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

kathiep
06-05-2007, 03:15 PM
I want to thank everyone for their input.

I was watching this topic closely since our first trip to CSR will be this Sept. We had stayed at other Disney resorts but wanted to try something different.

But I was starting to get worried that you don't hear much about CSR. (Maybe it's just a well kept secret!)

Now I don't know how I'll make it through the next 101 days.

Thanks for the positive comments!!

jenperich
06-05-2007, 03:27 PM
As mecarroll said, CSR is much more romantic. It's very quiet and serene. It is very much less-family oriented, but you still do see children there. It's a beautiful resort and I think you will love it.

princessjojo
06-05-2007, 04:29 PM
We stayed there on our first trip with our kids and really loved it. There was so much hype about CBR, that I thought I was missing something, but at that point we didn't care. Last year we stayed at POR and it was beautiful and all, but if we hadn't purchased our DVC, I think we would go back to CSR or upgrade to Poly. I don't think the other mods can compare at all.

maizey05
06-05-2007, 06:06 PM
It seems like the layout of both resorts are very similar, and both are huge. DH and I much prefer CBR to CS. We liked the food court at CBR sooo much better. It was far more family friendly than CS and had more Disney magic. There were people who were drunk, in the hot tub every night of our stay. There were also beer bottles littered around that area as well. CS is just not for us.

MrPeetrie
06-05-2007, 06:42 PM
Coronado Springs gets our vote. For one, the Pepper Market concept is one of my favorite food courts in any resort. And the Maya Grille is absolutely excellent.

It's also somewhat smaller, albeit still a large resort. And while both are pretty, I think the nod goest to Coronado Springs here, as well.

I did enjoy our stay at CBR. We were lucky and stayed in Martinique. If you stay at S. Trinidad, however, you can have quite a haul to get to Centertowne, where the food court is. Also, on early mornings when the buses are very crowded, I seem to remember S. Trinidad getting passed up because the bus was too full. Be choosy about what island you want to stay in.

Have Fun!!!:thumbsup:

c&d
06-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Another vote for Coronado Springs. We stayed there last August and loved it. The pools were great, I loved the lap pool. The food court was great, there were so many choices. The resort is also beautiful at night and it's lovely to walk around it. You can be walking around it at night and catch the fireworks from both Epcot and the MK.

TwoTinyWings
06-06-2007, 03:50 PM
We stayed at CSR for our honeymoon in 2001 and loved it - for all of the reasons mentioned already, along with a few more. The resort is the only moderate (in our opinion) that truly feels like a deluxe. It is also the only resort (or was back in '01) that offers bus service directly to the Boardwalk, so that was a plus for us.

We stayed at CBR on a subsequent trip and enjoyed it, but sorta wished the whole time we'd stayed at CSR instead...

If you simply look at photos of the resorts and rooms, I think that would give you a very good indication of what the look & feel of the resorts are like - and then you can choose which suits you more. If you do pick CSR, request a room in the Casitas or Cabanas areas (not the Ranchos). We were in Casitas #2 and were a perfect distance from everything.

iceicebritney
06-06-2007, 09:57 PM
coronado springs hands down.
the restaurants are amaizing for a less expensive resort, their bus systems are better than the deluxe hotels, and the pool isn't bad either.

carribean beach is rediculouslly annoying with transportation. the bus has way to many stops at the end of the nite when you just want to get back to your room... very spread out. it hasn't change at all since it first opened honestly.

Wrigley
06-06-2007, 10:07 PM
I have stayed at both, and prefer CBR. I like the Old Port Royale for it's food choices compared to the CS. I also like the tropical theme over the CS. We request the Martinique section at the resort and so we are very close to the bus stop and the Old Port Royale. Martinique was the first bus stop and so we had no problem getting seats on the bus. I would highly recommend CBR! :thumbsup:

big blue and hairy
06-07-2007, 08:19 AM
We stayed at CSR for our honeymoon in 2001 and loved it - for all of the reasons mentioned already, along with a few more. The resort is the only moderate (in our opinion) that truly feels like a deluxe.
I've been saying that on the boards for a few years now. To me Coronado Springs feels more deluxe than the other mods. No, it's not as deluxe as the deluxes, but it's not priced like them either. It is a truly beautiful resort all around and I would highly recommend it.

:sulley:

Flower
06-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Coronado Springs!!

We had a bad experience at CBR and have not been back. We have stayed at CSR several times and have always had a great experience.

Our favourite building is thew casitas, 8A, close to the bridge to El Centro, close to a bus stop and close to the main pool, or quiet pool & laundry.

I loved being able to grab a book and lay on the hammock.

The Pepper Market is wonderful and it is a must-do no matter where we stay.

caryrae
06-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I asked kinda the same question awhile ago and got the same results, alot of people love CS. I really wonder why it doesn't seem to get much hype like all the other Resorts? Is it mostly because it is a convention resort?

Jeany031
06-09-2007, 01:28 PM
our family loves this hotel. and our family wants to stay in this hotel again.:mickey:

KAT1811
06-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Another vote for Coronado Springs!!! :thumbsup: :number1: