PDA

View Full Version : Best time to go

pluto 77
06-04-2007, 02:09 PM
We are planning our first trip to DL and will be staying about a week. We were wondering when is the best time to go? We were thinking of late Nov (after thanksgiving week) or early Dec. Is this a good time? What are the Weather / Crowds like?

Let us know if there is a better time as well.
Thanks

CleveSJM
06-04-2007, 04:03 PM
I think you nailed the best time right there. It's right at the end of hurricane season, it's still pretty warm all day and the Xmas decorations are up. The crowds are light as well. Just stay away from the holidays as much as you can.

Oops, I was thinking WDW, not DLR. But it's true for DLR as well. We've done two day trips to DLR in December and it was great. Back in the 90's though...

tdhiatt
06-24-2007, 11:10 PM
:mickey:
We went the second week of Dec. two years ago. It was one of our favorite trips. The park is totally decked out. The characters dress the part. The crowds havn't hit yet. Fireworks all month long. Also at times they will record the parade that airs on X-mas morning. We got to watch some of it. And yes its pre taped. Great time of year!!

mjm12000
06-26-2007, 03:33 PM
I would say one week before or one week after thanksgiving... we were there for a week last November and our last two days were the weekend before the Thanksgiving holidays and it was insanely crowded those two days. So I would not say to go during Thanksgiving. All of the Christmas stuff was up and running already by that time and the crowds were good for the first 5 days of our trip. We never waited for more than about 5 minutes for anything until the last two days.