PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report DLR 5/31-6/3

varcity
06-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Well, just got back yesterday peoples! YAY. So much fun. Guess I will just say what we did those three days.

Thursday 5/31: Drove down 6 hours to DLR and got there around 12:30. We checked in and hitched a ride on the trolly to DCA. We did the usual, TT, Screamin, Maliboomer, Etc. Then we went to the house of blues for some dinner which was tasty as always. From there we spent about 3 hours in DLR until close and rode Indy, pirates, space, and the big rides. Pretty much the usual day :mickey:

Friday 6/1: Woke up and got to the park at opening. Actually made it to the rope drop for once, but didn't watch because I had to get my watch I bought there fixed. So we rode some rides, and goofed around until about 11 when we (I have been using we, but didn't tell you it was my brother and I) headed over to Pirates Lair. Checked out all the treasure that was now on the island and the Pearl (I think) that has been washed ashore. At about 11:20 we met chescat and watched the new pirate show which was pretty entertaining, yet slightly cheesy. But, it's a pirates life for me. Now the three of us went over to VMK central and turned in 3 passes worth (which I tried to take Chescat's set, but she caught me ;) ) and we met Gypsyoffire who is now looking to join intercot. After we talked about what we predict in the future, the three of us went over and rode the matterhorn and listend to the seaguls for the Nemo ride. That brought to an end our day with chescat and my brother and I headed off to ride some more rides. At about 5:45 my brother wanted to go to get his sweater, so we left. Monkeyboyjoe called at about 6 (which I was expecting to be about 6:30) and so we missed him. Joe, gave you a couple calls at 7 and 7:15, but got your answering machine :(. I was excited to see Joe because I planned on giving him a Quest sheet to give to Little to autograph, lol. The rest of the night is entertaining though. We watched an awesome Alternative/Ska band called Suburban Legends in tomorrowland Terrace. In between their sets we rode splash and met a couple girls that we hung out with until 4 in the morning. That made saturday fun.

Saturday 6/2: As said, we were up til 4, and I woke up at 8 to go to the park, leaving my brother sleeping in the room. I headed over to tomorrowland to hang out at VMK central and got a couple extra card sets before VMK leaves DLR forever. My brother met up with me and we messed around DLR and rode rides until about 2:30 when we walked towards tomorrowland from advnetureland. Then I realized I was missing it. The Disney Galery had invited 10 former imagineers and current artists into the studio for a showing. Being an Engineering student and wanting to be an imagineer eventually, this was huge for me. So, I get in and I found I missed the Imagineer I wanted to meet most, Jim Crouch. But I talked to a Gallery employee and he introduced me to Maggie Parr. I didn't realize that she was there, she is my favorite artist. She does the old renaissance style portraits of Disney characters. So I talked to her about how to be an imagineer and some other things. It made my whole trip worthwhile and I was so excited the rest of the day. My brother and I left and went to Space, and the we headed back towards the Bayou. Guess what, no room for 2 people the whole night. How do you book an entired restaurant? That made me upset, but I decided to walk to DCA and eat in wine country. (wanted to meet the hostess after she got off work, but my brother didn't, which I still want to meet up with her, haha). Then we decided we stuff ourselves with food and see how we react on the Tower... We rode 3 times, lol. The second ride we decided that on the third we would take a funny picture. So we grabbed park maps and we were reading them for the picture. This is probably the worst idea because I then thought it would be funny to do it in splash. Lets just say I don't have any map left and that I was in front where it felt like someone threw a bucket of water on me. I've never got that wet on that ride so it surprised me. What's worse is that it was now dark and windy. So we headed over to Tomorrowland Terrace again and watched all the sets that Suburban legends played again. Can't wait until they come up here. Tonight I was asleep once we got back to the hotel, not doing that again. lol

Sunday 6/3: The day of leaving. I got up early and got to the park by myself because I have an AP and my brothers ticket was up already. So I rode Peter Pan and got a cinnamon roll then hung out a VMK central where Gypsyoffire showed up again. Once my brother got to Downtown Disney, I went to Little Green Men Pin shop and got the new pins for the weekend and met him to eat and the Rainforest Cafe which was nice as always. Our last half hour there we went to the World of Disney shop and I got two birthday presents for my mom and a friend. Yay for being done early. Thankfully my brother decided he wanted to drive home. I suffered through my usual post-pardon I go through when I leave DLR. It's probably a calling, but I am slightly used to it. Oh well.

Anyways, that's the trip. I have a question for you all. I have a Red space suit magic I want to give away in a contest here, restricted to only those who post regularly and I know aren't here to just get the magic. So if you need it either to get your first or to get your fifth star, let me know. Just answer in the poll! :mickey:

Also, any other questions or comments about the trip, just post and ask :mickey:

Chescat
06-04-2007, 02:18 PM
You forgot the important thing about Friday. We called Nachocat to cheer her up. We were hoping to take her on a pirates ride, but the ride was down. So she got to her the roar of the Yeti, the screams of the people on the matterhorn, and the Mine Mine of the Seagulls. :mickey:

And got to see all the Imagineers walking around. :D

varcity
06-04-2007, 03:02 PM
I completly did forget that part.

Update: After Pirates lair we were going to ride Pirates, but NachoCat broke it. Then the rest Cat already mentioned :mickey:

Tiggerdog
06-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Cheese broke pirates? Now that is talent!

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! :thumbsup:

eta: I did not know that if you click on the poll totals you can see who voted for what. Proves many wrong that one can't learn over summer break! ;)

terri.m
06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
sounds like a wonderful trip Varcity!! I'm :rotfl: about the splash picture!
speaking of pics, do we get to see any???

mickeynuts
06-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Sounds like fun, I want pictures!
btw, I voted in the poll but don't put me in the drawing, I didn't see that part until later and I want somebody who doesn't have any to have it.
:) Laura

RenDuran
06-04-2007, 11:57 PM
You forgot the important thing about Friday. We called Nachocat to cheer her up.

You forgot your bay be?! I hope she doesn't read this thread!

Oh yeah, I did have one question, varcity.....did you get to meet up with the Bayou hostess or at least get her number?

LittleDragonErin
06-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Roar! We waited for you until 8! I was there, but Monkey didn't want to say anything as a surprise. We were in the cave most of the time and Monkey kept checking his phone every like 10 minutes. LoL!

(I can write this because I know even though he lurks every now and then he probably won't see this...then again, knowing my luck he will randomly decide to check this thread O_o.) BTW, I think Joe likes Candace! Hahaha!!! He kept wondering if she was there, even though we knew she'd be off already by that time. -_-' Okay, I shut up now in case he does read this and kills me. (If he does, I leave my infernos to Doll, my green pants to Nachocat and my Stitch to...uh....nvm, bury me with my Stitch.)

GiltterDisneyGirl
06-05-2007, 01:42 AM
Wow sounds like a great trip! Can't wait to see pictures!

Crossing my fingers! :)

Chescat
06-05-2007, 02:07 AM
I think he will kill you Erin, that's a given.

Here's one of the pictures taken of the three of us (Varcity, his brother, and I). We weren't really sure where to go next.

DLR Trip Day 2 (http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/DLRTrip.jpg)

chrisb26
06-05-2007, 02:21 AM
Great Picture Cat :)

Sounds like you had fun Varcity thanks for the report!

LittleDragonErin
06-05-2007, 02:26 AM
I think he will kill you Erin, that's a given.

Here's one of the pictures taken of the three of us (Varcity, his brother, and I). We weren't really sure where to go next.

DLR Trip Day 2 (http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/chescat/VMK/DLRTrip.jpg)

Yeah...probably. Maybe if we keep replying he'll miss my post when he skims over it. [crosses fingers] Hehe!

BTW, while waiting for the Matterhorn, did you find them seagulls annoying after a while too? :P

varcity
06-05-2007, 02:40 AM
LOL Cat, I completly had no idea you took a picture of the three of us. I kept wondering, when did that happen? Nice one :mickey:

Little, if I get my hands on you I'll kill you myself!! I hate leaving voicemails, so I don't know what happend. I thought about the cave too but proceeded to dinner and Suburban Legends show.

The Seagulls only "mine" about every minute or so, so they are not a constant disturbance. I actually found them to be highly entertaining. But to a projected 2-3 hour wait on the 11th, I dont know how appealing it would be.

Ren, la chicka worked in DCA and the trattoria, and nope, never got a chance to say more than what I had already due to my brothers... I have no idea, usually he wants to but he shyed out this weekend? How weird. Still want to, maybe in August when I go back? Don't tell Nacho

Cita, the space magic will be a contest, so you can enter at your own discretion :mickey:

Did I say that what I had planned on doing when I met up with monkey was ride small world? LOL. I oddly wanted to ride that ride pretty bad.

I do have pictures, just need to put them on a site. I'll do that tomorrow.

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-05-2007, 07:46 AM
Thanks for the report :mickey:

LittleDragonErin
06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Little, if I get my hands on you I'll kill you myself!! I hate leaving voicemails, so I don't know what happend. I thought about the cave too but proceeded to dinner and Suburban Legends show.

The Seagulls only "mine" about every minute or so, so they are not a constant disturbance. I actually found them to be highly entertaining. But to a projected 2-3 hour wait on the 11th, I dont know how appealing it would be.

Did I say that what I had planned on doing when I met up with monkey was ride small world? LOL. I oddly wanted to ride that ride pretty bad.

Hmm...are you sure you were dialing the right number? No voice mails from you even after we left. O_o What's the Suburban Legends show?

When we were in line for the Matterhorn the week before, the Seagulls were yapping every 20-30 seconds. Alternating from Mine! Mine! Mine! to something I couldn't make out...maybe just cawwing.

Small World...joy. I think I would've ditched the party there. Lol!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
06-06-2007, 11:53 PM
(If he does, I leave my infernos to Doll, my green pants to Nachocat and my Stitch to...uh....nvm, bury me with my Stitch.)

Yay! I be inferno fairy now :D

bigpapiortiz34
06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Sounds like you had loads of fun Varcity! Can't wait to see some pictures....if you have any of course!

Welcome back!

varcity
06-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Sigh, I really need to get to the pictures and the space contest :mickey: