PDA

View Full Version : Allergies and AKL

starryeyes21
06-04-2007, 12:45 PM
I don't know if anyone can answer this question but I thought I would give it a try.

I am planning a honeymoon to Walt Disney World. My husband-to-be and I werre thinking about staying in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Here's the thing. By fiancee has terrible allergies to cats. I don't know how this translates to other animals. Do you think he would be uncomfortable at this hotel?

ThanxForNoticin
06-04-2007, 12:50 PM
I doubt it would be a problem. The animals are kept a safe distance from all humans. If your fiance doesn't have a problem visiting a zoo or staying at hotels in general, I think he would be fine.

Grace
06-04-2007, 01:01 PM
:mickey: He'll be fine - as long as he doesn't pet the lions!:D

LandFan
06-04-2007, 05:01 PM
I am terribly allergic to cats too and we had no problems at all and we stayed for a week. I think he'll be fine! It's our favorite place :cloud9:

#1disneyfan
06-04-2007, 07:05 PM
You should be fine! (and there are no cats at the AKL !). We stayed there in June last year and my dh and I both have horrible allergies and we were both fine. Enjoy the resort, its beautiful. And congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

MsMin
06-04-2007, 08:13 PM
:ditto: I don't see cats as a problem, grass allergies on the other hand could be. I have a dd allergic to cats and grass but she has to get pretty close.

psychotekkie
06-04-2007, 10:12 PM
Allergies usually arise through "sensitisation" where repeated exposure to the allergen (animal, grass, pollutants, whatever) causes increasing allergic reaction. Unless your husband has been regularly exposed to zebras, giraffes and the like, it is almost impossible for him to be allergic to them. ;)

starryeyes21
06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks to everyone for all the help. We were in Florida just two weeks ago, staying in a friends condo. Unfortunately, we did not realize that they owned a cat. My fiancee was miserable and stuffed up while we were in the Magic Kingdom. The whole experience got me thinking. I didn't want him to have to go through that again.

He couldn't even smell the "desserts" during Philharmagic. Poor baby :sob:.