PDA

View Full Version : Food portion at Le Cellier?

angedeaile
06-04-2007, 12:19 AM
As the title states...I am wondering about the food portion at Le Cellier.

I am trying to plan for my ADR's and I have heard good things about Le Cellier here on Intercot, but nothing about food portions.

We are pretty particular about getting what we paid for and not leaving hungry. Not so full you feel you are going to get sick, but satisfied.

I caught a pic of a steak from there off of a google search. The site didn't mention which particular ounce it was, but boy it looked small....silver dollar small. So that leaves me wondering if all the food comes in tiny portions.

So for you folks that actually have eaten at Le Cellier, how much food do you get? Do you leave full or wanting more?

disneykat
06-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Although some may consider the food portions small, I've never left hungry. They'll bring more bread if you ask. Also, if you are on the dining plan, you'll be stuffed by the time you order appetizer, entree, and dessert!! Usually my family of four orders three meals and we still have plenty! The food is very good!

88 days to POP!!
2006 CSR
2006 Off Property
2005 ASM
2003 Off Property
2001 DLR
1991 DLR
1985 DLR
1984 DLR

LibertyTreeGal
06-04-2007, 08:29 AM
I can't imagine walking out of any WDW meal hungry -- actually, I can hardly imagine being able to walk at all after a DDP meal :mickey:

With anything, it depends on what you order, but you might want to check out Info central under Dining, they have reasonably up to date menus there.

And you never know what you were looking at, it might have been the child's steak :mickey:

mook3y
06-04-2007, 08:40 AM
My guess would be you saw a picture of the Filet Mignon with mushroom Risotto. The two times I have eaten at Le Cellier, I ordered it both times. I can tell you I was stuffed at the end of the meal. I was on DDP and had appetizer (shrimp) and dessert. I did not finish my dessert either time, it was delicious, but I was just too full. Sure I could of choked it down, but I dont like being "too" full.

Like a previous poster said, the bread and pretzel sticks are refillable and are "yummy"!

It ranks as one of our favorites at WDW. You have chosen well young padawan. Go forth and use the force to get all that food down! :D sorry, 30th anniversary of starwars ya know.. couldnt resist

mrsgaribaldi
06-04-2007, 09:31 AM
We have eaten at Le Cellier twice and have left full both times, with leftovers on the plate:thumbsup:;)

Polynesian Dweller
06-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Walking out of Le Cellier not feeling full?? Impossible. More like waddling out every time we've been there. :scale:

Mickey91
06-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Are you on the DDP? If so, between the appetizer, entree and dessert you will be tempted to ask for a box to take half of it for later.:mickey: We have never left LeCellier that we didn't leave some food there:(. It is very good and very filling!

DawsonAR
06-04-2007, 10:21 AM
I always leave there stuffed. The bread is so wonderful. We usually only order an entree and that is enough to fill us up.

FriendsofMickey
06-04-2007, 10:33 AM
We were at Le Cellier last Sept. We were on the DDP and had the cheddar soup (didn't eat all of it), had bread sticks (way too many :blush:) and the Fillet Mignon with Mushroom Rissotto :thumbsup:. By dessert, I almost didn't order any (because I was so full), but how can you leave a Disney dinner without dessert. I ordered the Creme de brule... It ended up being a good choice, because it was really only about 4 to 6 mouth fulls (tasted :cloud9:). It was just the right size.

I cannot imagine leaving there feeling hungry.

We are doing a return trip this November.

angedeaile
06-04-2007, 10:37 AM
It ranks as one of our favorites at WDW. You have chosen well young padawan. Go forth and use the force to get all that food down! :D sorry, 30th anniversary of starwars ya know.. couldnt resist

LMAO..thanks.

Wow..stuffed seems to be the consensus. Maybe that was a picture of the children's steak. Good thing we will have a fridge at our resort. We sure love leftovers!

Well after all these wonderfully reassuring replies, I now feel safe in my decision. Thanks everyone! You guys rock :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
06-04-2007, 10:32 PM
LeCellier is my favorite! We have eaten there several times and have never left hungry! There is plenty of food and it is good!:mickey: