PDA

View Full Version : When to go?

Dizneyfan
06-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Me and my Dh are now thinking of visiting the World in late August early September. Would it be best to visit in the middle of September. If we visit in late Aug we would be in the World for labor day. Does anyone know if it is crowded during this time?

Thanks

WDWFanatic
06-03-2007, 11:33 PM
As long as you don't mind really hot weather and chances of hurricanes :cool:. If you can I would say go in November. We went last year, weather was great and we got to see the Christmas decorations.

But to pick between your two times I would pick September. Everyone will be back in school and it will be a little cooler.

Either way I'm sure you'll have a great trip!

Dizneyfan
06-04-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

faline
06-05-2007, 11:22 AM
I've been over Labor Day weekend before and found the crowds to be quite manageable at this time of year. It is still very hot and humid, particularly in early September.

As noted, it also falls in hurricane season so a tropical storm or a more intense storm can't be entirely ruled out.

Amy_617
06-05-2007, 03:10 PM
We go in early September every year, and it is very nice. Now, since we only go in January and September...of course September is our more crowded month. But nothing compared to any of the other months. They say January and September are the best months to go. You will be fine. The only storms we ever have are always the ride down there. But, just so you know...and this never fails....:confused:.....it always rains on the days we go to MGM only in September. We can go to any other park...but walk in MGM and the bottom drops out. I don't know what is wrong with us.:blush:

Anyways...it is a nice time to go...and hey maybe we will see ya. :mickey:

Have Fun!:party:

DawsonAR
06-05-2007, 03:47 PM
We love to go in September. It is still HOT but the crowds are great.

Rodders
07-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I am considering booking for 2 weeks at the start of September 2008. How worried should I be about hurricanes?

aurora, ariel, and bell
07-05-2007, 12:55 PM
We always go in september, the week after labour day. The crowds are light, but the weather is HOT! I'm not crazy about the heat, but i was under the impression that this is the quietest time of year (am I right?)

As for hurricanes, we were there when Disney closed for a hurricane. We weren't sure why because the weather really wasn't that bad, some rain. they actually opened animal kingdom later in the day. We had a great time, only our family back home was worried, were were too busy with Mickey! It did make the food court super packed though!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
07-06-2007, 08:42 PM
We always go the third week in September and the crowds are great. Hot, love bugs were horrible last year but, we have never had a hurricane when we were there. With the exception of one year, we have only had all day rain on one day each trip.

We want to go in December next year. My b-day is 12/23 and my son's is 12/21. We thought it would be neat to be there during the holidays.