PDA

View Full Version : For anyone with food allergies....

disney323
06-03-2007, 08:48 PM
WDW is the place to be! Our 19 month old ds has a milk allergy and let me tell you, the chefs were AMAZING! If we were eating at a buffet, we were walked around and told what he could/couldn't have and if there was something we wanted, they made it! They offered dairy free desserts and waffles and so much stuff. They were so accommodating and friendly and I felt so comfortable to have ds eat there. Just had to share in case you had 2nd thoughts w/any food allergies.

Seasonscraps
06-04-2007, 01:27 AM
One of my friends had the same experience with her daughter. She was so impressed by the care and personal attention they are going again this year.

LibertyTreeGal
06-04-2007, 08:32 AM
I agree, Bomas is a real challenge for the "seafood impaired." I was looking a bit confused and one of the chefs walked right up and asked me if he could help. I asked him which dishes had seafood and he smiled and asked whether I wanted seafood or wanted to avoid it. I told him I was allergic and he VERY PATIENTLY helped me from one end to the other. He was awesome and genuinely very nice :thumbsup:

disneydrmr
06-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I experienced the same awesome helpfulness of the chefs when I was there... I can't have anything with MSG so at many of the places we ate at the chefs came out and personally spoke with me and told me what to skip and personally recommended what I could eat. They are awesome!

mook3y
06-04-2007, 10:34 AM
both my DW and myself have some odd allergies... mushrooms and cherries. We had it noted on our dining reservations. Every TS meal, the waiter(ess) asked to verify and 9 out of 10 times, a chef would come out to talk with us about it.

They are awesome about making sure each individuals needs are taken care of.

disney323
06-06-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm glad you all had the same great experience I did! Go Disney!

mulderxcoltrane
06-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Were you able to get soy milk for your son? Our son(will be turning 2 during our trip) has a milk allergy(not just lactose intolerant) and normally drinks soy milk at home.
Glad to hear your experience with the chef was so great! We went last year with someone(and she's coming on this trip) who is allergic to gluten and the chef came out to talk to us at each meal. She even had several dishes prepared specially for her- even at POP Century food court!