PDA

View Full Version : Toddler in Disney very Tricky!

disney323
06-03-2007, 08:46 PM
We took our 19 month old ds to WDW a few weeks ago and let me tell you, we couldn't wait to get home! We have been so many times when we were childless and were so used to doing what we wanted, when we wanted. Our ds had no interest in any rides, or attractions. or his carraige or high chair! He did love the characters and pool but we didn't even get to do Magic Kingdom because he was so overtired! I think we'll wait until he's 3 or 4. We took him when he was 3 months (easiest trip w/a child) then again at 12 months, and it was tough, but not as tough as this age! Just had to share/vent!

princessgirls
06-03-2007, 09:52 PM
Sorry this was not the trip you had envisioned.

19 months old is a busy, busy age.

We did a lot of beach/pool vacations for a long time. When our youngest reached 40" of height (at 3 1/2) then we started our Disney Adventures (September 2005). She could ride on most everything, and it made for a great trip. I'm still pushing a stroller(whining tired kids are not fun), but my girls really love being in Disney.

Better luck next time.
Julie

AnnieBananie
06-03-2007, 10:03 PM
My two-cents worth......Our family rule was our children had to be 5 years old to go to Disney. So our oldest child had to wait a long time to go back....since his little sister is 6 years younger than he. Not sure how we came up with this rule, but I'm thankful for it!! So many times at WDW I have seen families in stressful situations. To me, WDW is a fun, magical trip and I wanted our memories to be of good times and not meltdowns, stroller-derby, diaper bags, etc........ Since our children are both older, we have enjoyed many wonderful trips and they remember each and every one of them.

Sorry, sometimes I feel that I get too preachy about this topic, but I feel sad for anyone who goes to Disney World and doesn't enjoy their trip. :mickey::mickey:

merlinmagic4
06-04-2007, 07:16 AM
We'll have a 19 month old the next time we go in November. We'll be taking it easy, but then again we always do! We're not commandos and I have no problem skipping stuff or going back to the resort if things aren't going well. Fortunately, my toddler loves to "go bye bye"; he loves to see people and things. He's not easily overstimulated so hopefully that will help us. We'll see...........

Minniemouse27
06-04-2007, 08:24 AM
We took dd at 16mo and 28mo and both times we all had a great time.

Our next trip is in December and ds will be turning 2yo while we are there...we are all SO excited!

FWIW, I think MK would be the most engaging of the parks for an 18mo. I know dd loved all the Fantasyland rides during both of our visits.

crazypoohbear
06-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Sorry to hear that you didn't have a good time.
It's tough when you are use to going it alone and then have to gear down for a toddler. I wonder if you would have have a better time if you went to MK first thing in the morning when toddlers are usually their busiest and then back to the pool for an afternoon swim and a nap.
I hope things go better for you all next time you visit.

faline
06-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Sorry the trip didn't work out as you had envisioned. That's always a disappointment!