PDA

View Full Version : pulling pranks

ghost999
06-03-2007, 06:27 PM
has anyone here pulled any pranks at any of the parks. now you may also tell pranks that have been played on you. i however haven't played any pranks or been the victim. :mickey:

ILoveLegos
06-03-2007, 06:51 PM
I love Christopher Robins and his friends, at Disney World I often like to wear my main bear's picture on my tee shirt. After exiting Stich's Great Escape @ Magic kingdom - as my eye were adjusting to the sunlight outside - a cast member said to me, "Oh no - those birds got you, oh don't look down you have got pooh all over your shirt"! I looked down in horror and there he was, my main bear Winnie the Pooh! She cracked up laughing at my expressions! :eek::wave::yay::joy::funny:

TinkiTime1989
06-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Not exactly in the parks but close enough. Last April my high school orchestra participated in Magic Music Days. Our 2nd day in the parks was April 1, yes the wonderful day also known as April Fools Day. Apparently we had all forgotten that. We all gathered around the pool at ASMusic for our morning meet before we were allowed to disperse into the parks. Our director looked way too serious and we all knew that something was up. He told us that some people had been caught doing something on a ride the day before that they shouldn't have been doing and that Disney had turned off all of our tickets and asked us to leave.:eek: NOT FAIR!! We all immediately looked towards one student too lol. He said everything with such a straight face that we were all believing him and boy were we MAD:mad:. When he told us he was kidding and said "April Fools!!" he was a smart man and ran! He's lucky he didn't get shoved into that pool, and we almost got him into the fountain!

CleveSJM
06-03-2007, 08:27 PM
My brother in law has the worst habit of needing to use the restroom at the worst time. So, we often tell him we'll headover to some area and then head over to another area just a little bit further away. It's pretty fun watching him come back and look around for a little while before we get him. Of course, we always tell him we told him the "right" place and he went to the "wrong" place.

Telling them to go to places in the middle like Dumbo, the teacups, etc work best because you can get on the outskirts and they'll have a full circle to look for you...

Have fun~~~ :D

ghost999
06-03-2007, 10:14 PM
one prank i know i am gonna do is when we get on to potc, we are gonna say "man, i can't wait to go down the big drop they just put in" i wonder what the people will say:mickey: or say on the Jungle Cruise why the guy shoots at the poor animals and not the headhunters just to see his reaction.:mickey:

TiggerRPh
06-03-2007, 10:37 PM
one prank i know i am gonna do is when we get on to potc, we are gonna say "man, i can't wait to go down the big drop they just put in" i wonder what the people will say:mickey: or say on the Jungle Cruise why the guy shoots at the poor animals and not the headhunters just to see his reaction.:mickey:

Mature.....really mature.

dolphinmickey9170
06-03-2007, 11:09 PM
The talking trash can got me on my first visit, I almost wet myself.......I also have been the victim of the "Hey lady, you got a little pooh on your shirt" by the keelboat CM. Too funny:blush:

mook3y
06-04-2007, 08:55 AM
Ok, so maybe this is a little off-topic, since it happened at DLR...

I was 17 years old and was waiting in line for Magical Journey's in tomorrowland. They had Daisy, Goofy and Mickey dressed up in the space suits.

They were shaking everyones hands and signing autographs as people passed by.

Well, when Daisy shook my hand, she pulled me to her and covered my face with her bill and started making kissing sounds. LOL it caught me sooo by surprise.:blush: When I stood back up, I was stunned... looked at daisy and much to the amusement of those around me, said "I swear... I hope you are a girl" and spun and quickly caught up with the line.:D

ghost999
06-04-2007, 12:01 PM
:mickey:oh come on, can't i have a little fun. :mickey:

DizNee143
06-04-2007, 12:39 PM

i think its pretty good joke/prank...especially the one about POTC..i just wouldnt do it if kids are around...it might get them scared.. otherwise..people know how to take a joke...
well most people do......

FirenzeBelle
06-05-2007, 05:45 PM
A few years ago my brother and I had a CM who was loading the Haunted Mansion cars walk past us after we got into our car with a very straight, serious face. Naturaly, we started laughing at his "extreme" seriousness. Well, the joke was truly on us... because when we least expected it, the CM sprinted back towards our car (just before we entered the ride), leaned over the side and yelled "BOO!!"-- prompting us "too cool for school" kids to scream out in horror!! Haha

TiggerRPh
06-05-2007, 11:46 PM
:mickey:oh come on, can't i have a little fun. :mickey:

At someone else's expense? No.

DizNee143
06-06-2007, 11:02 AM

well ya....you cant exactly pull the prank/joke on yourself..now can ya??...lol

DREAMADREAM93
06-06-2007, 11:13 AM

Well geeze, isnt pulling any prank having fun at someone else's expense? live a little.:mickey:

pshokie
06-06-2007, 12:05 PM
well ya....you cant exactly pull the prank/joke on yourself..now can ya??...lol

Well geeze, isnt pulling any prank having fun at someone else's expense? live a little.:mickey:

By the "letter of the law" you are correct. In order to pull a prank, you need to pull it on someone else.

I think the real issue, you should not pull one on an inoccent and unwilling participant. In other words, a complete stranger.

So the speil at Pirates or Jungle Cruise is in bad taste, especially where children are present. But the one where a member of your own party is pranked by "mis-guiding" them, have at it. That is up to you and your family/friend's tolerance for pranks.

DizNee143
06-07-2007, 10:56 AM
By the "letter of the law" you are correct. In order to pull a prank, you need to pull it on someone else.

I think the real issue, you should not pull one on an inoccent and unwilling participant. In other words, a complete stranger.

So the speil at Pirates or Jungle Cruise is in bad taste, especially where children are present. But the one where a member of your own party is pranked by "mis-guiding" them, have at it. That is up to you and your family/friend's tolerance for pranks.
thats why i said i wouldnt do it if kids are around..and im sure many people would be like that too...and if by some chance someone actually takes you seriously or a kid happens to hear you...say sorry and you were only trying to have some fun...
dont take life so seriously..you only live once!! live alittle!!

AvonleaCF
06-07-2007, 11:05 AM
I was on getting on the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch at Animal Kingdom when the CM told me to buckle my seat belt. He then laughed as I searched for it. :blush:

xipetotec
06-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Whenever i have a new member of our party that's never been to Epcot (or hasn't in a really long time), I like to RAVE about this AWESOME drink called Beverly at the Coca Cola building!!
They never lover it :D :thumbsup:

I also like to tell people that rides like "It's a small World" go upside down.

ghost999
06-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Whenever i have a new member of our party that's never been to Epcot (or hasn't in a really long time), I like to RAVE about this AWESOME drink called Beverly at the Coca Cola building!!
They never lover it :D :thumbsup:

I did they exact same thing to some friends of mine at the World of Coke in Atlanta, it was HILARIOUS :mickey:

PirateLover
06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Getting unsuspecting people to try Beverly is quite possibly the greatest prank ever:cool:

poohmom787
06-07-2007, 03:49 PM
The one I remember the most happened on HM. I was standing nearest the wall right after moving to the "dead center of the room". It was strangely quiet right before the lights went out. When the lightening flashed I saw this face right next to mine and actually screamed. :hmghost: It was the cm who had moved right behind me and was standing there. I swear I didn't hear her. My husband laughed so hard all the way to the doombuggies. I almost wet my pants, but it was a great way to experience the ride.

browneyedgirl12
06-07-2007, 05:13 PM
The one I remember most is my mom and I decided to do on HM and my brother and my dad came with us. In the middle of the ride during the scene where your tilted back and you see the man with his dog my dad knocked really hard on our doombuggie and both my mother and I screamed. Those little :thedolls: thought it was the funniest thing ever.

LandFan
06-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, DH did something similar to my mom on HM - She and my sister were riding in the car ahead of him and when they went around a corner he grabbed her arm and she about went through the top of the doom buggy! She screamed loud, then my sister let out a blood curdling scream which started a chain-reaction of screaming.
...Mom had just spent a bunch of time reassuring my sister that she had been on it a bunch of times and NOTHING grabs you!

disneymom2000
06-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Since I have been more times than anyone in my family, they always ask me to tourguide them when they go. I always pull the same two that are never fail. One is on Maelstrom when it appears that the boat is going into a huge drop, I always act real nervous and tell them to hang on tight and then they see the doors open they scream. The other is the backlot tour when we go through catastrophe canyon. I always put them in first so "they can get the best view" and then they get soaked. :thedolls:

ghost999
06-07-2007, 09:13 PM
if someone took my pranks seriously i of course would say it was just a joke, live a little, life is short, that kind of thing. ya'll know how it is:mickey:

BritCody
06-08-2007, 06:45 AM
I haven't done any in a long time, but back when I was a youth my cousins and me picked up a little gadget in the old Magic and Trick Store on Main Street. It had a clip and fishing line you attached to a dollar bill and the fishing line attached to a button. Once you pressed the button the line would retract and the dollar bill would come back to you. So while our parents were shopping in the stores on Mainstreet we were outside on the sidewalk putting a $5.00 bill in this gadget and putting the $5.00 on the ground and every time somebody bent over to pick it up we hit the button and retracted it. We must have gotten about 20 to 25 people. Needless to say some were bad sports about it and our parents were not to happy with us either, but boys will be boys. Plus we did buy it in the MK!!!

sleepingbooty
06-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Last time we were on Haunted Mansion, the ride stopped for several minutes just as we were descending into the outdoor scene. It was pretty cool just sitting there leaning back like that, looking all around - but my daughter was getting increasingly nervous. Then, out of the blue someone rapped several times on the back of our doombuggy. Scared the living daylights out of us. My guess was a couple of teenage boys had gotten out of their car and they were probably the cause of the stoppage in the first place, so not very cool. But it was a good scare!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-08-2007, 11:30 PM
This is one I like to do at the Haunted Mansion. I'll be chatting with someone in line and stand near them in the stretching room. When the lights go out, I tap them on the shoulder. They usually scream and stand there looking baffled when the lights come back on. I actually had to stand outside and wait for one lady and her son because she was just so confused. So I had to confess that I did it. She thought it was great!

WhenYouWishUponAStar
06-09-2007, 08:23 AM
My most memorable prank was in AK. A CM was sitting with a fake Iguana but was pretending it was real! He was just sitting stroking it and my mum went up and asked if she could touch it! Everyone else had realised it was fake but she was oblivious! She couldn't understand why we were all in fits of laughter as she bravely petted the iguana so we eventually had to tell her! She was so embarrassed! :blush:

thejens
06-10-2007, 12:28 AM
On the TTA my son age 9 was trying to convince me there was a huge drop coming. I didn't believe him but he said it loud enough for an on coming car to hear him and they gasped and said oh, no! to each other. It was too fast to let them know it wasn't true and they were heading for Space Mountain I believe. I have to admit I thought it was as funny as the boys did.