PDA

View Full Version : Get ADRs or not ADRs that is the question.

GoofDad
06-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Our family of five are planning our trip for the last week of October. We have our ADRs for Crystal Palace for dinner one day and a breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table for a different day.

We are debating whether to try to get reservations for our other days or "wing it". On other trips we have not ever "winged" the dining thing, but the down side is making sure we are in the right part of the park at the right time of the day becomes a huge part of planning our day. But before we always traveled in slightly busier times of the year.

From others that have been there during October...are we going to have trouble getting in at different restaurants without ADRS?

Any thoughts?

SBETigg
06-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Yes, you're going to have trouble getting in to a lot of restaurants without ADRs. Better to make them and cancel if it looks like it will turn out to be inconvenient. In the past, pre-dining plan, it was possible to wing it. Now, not so much. You're much better off making some ADRs, sorry to say.

Unless-- you don't care where you eat, don't mind looking into a few different places for availability before finding the one that can take you, and don't care what time you end up getting a meal.

vamom
06-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I would also yes make all your ADR. My friends went and did NOT have ADR and were not able to eat dinner until around 10PM.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-03-2007, 07:22 PM
I don't think it's really possible to go at any time of year and walk in to sit down restaurants. And especially if you are a party of 5. 2 people maybe if you don't mind eating really early or really late. And then the day of your ADR's if you can get into someplace other than where you already have ADR's you can just cancel the existing ressies.

vamaggie
06-03-2007, 07:52 PM
If part of the party of 5 are kids--definately make ADRs unless you don't mind eating CS meals all the time. We are going in early Nov, made ADRs at 180 days and had no problem getting what we wanted(usually early BF, dinner around 5:30). had to take a 4:10 ADr for the fantasmic package. Tried to change it today and still nothing better. Make the ADRs and cancel if needed later.

disneydeb
06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
About 10-15 years ago, I never make ressies until I arrived in my hotel on property. Now I would make all reservations I had my heart set on in advance and the earlier the better.
Have a great trip!