PDA

View Full Version : Pet Friendly Disney Area Resorts

TinkiTime1989
06-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Can anyone reccomend any Disney area hotels that are both pet friendly and affordable? We have 2 miniature dachshunds who will be taking our trip with us and since they do not do well in the kennels we can't stay on property.:dog:

MNNHFLTX
06-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Here's a recent thread that offered some ideas:

Hotels and dogs (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=95784&highlight=pets)

wdw_bound
06-03-2007, 08:10 PM
On our last trip, we stayed the first night at Country Inn and Suites at Calypso Cay. The rate (internet special) was around $70, including a continental breakfast. The pool was nice, and there was even a small mini-golf set up. While we did not have an animal with us, plenty of others did. The hotel is pretty close to Super Walmart and to the parks. I'd recommend it.

TiggerRPh
06-03-2007, 10:10 PM
None on property. Personally I would rather leave them at home (with a relative) or in a kennel. Leaving them in a strange hotel room would not be nice for my dogs.

bleukarma
06-04-2007, 08:54 AM
I wish Disney would open an on-property pet friendly hotel. Our dog was a shelter dog so I think leaving him in a kennel would scare him to death. And it’s hard for us to find friends that don’t work 10 hour days to watch him. I would love to be able to take him with me without kenneling him and still being able to stay on-property. Maybe one day!