PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Adventures on the Seven Seas Lagoon, Day 3

garymacd
06-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Day Three of our Pirate Adventure began with some last minute chances to buy some trinkets and get some autographs. My BW and I slept.

When we finally got up and made it to CR, everything was gone. The convention was over and all we had to look forward to was three more days of Disney-fied fun at the parks followed by a 23 hour train trip from Kissimmee to New York City. I won’t bore you with the details of last three days or the fun on the train, or the lively and interesting time in NYC (but, yes, we did go to the Disney Store on 5th Ave.), but suffice to say we are glad to be home again and are already beginning our next trip to WDW.

The entire experience was one I am glad I went on, but probably not something I would do again. It is not that I didn’t have a great time; I am just not a convention type of person.

If I had any complaints at all, I would say they were minor in nature. It seemed much of the cast members at the resorts had no idea, or very limited knowledge of the convention. I think the worst point of all the poor communications came at the worst possible time.

We had just left the theatre after the movie. There were about three Disney Security people standing outside the door telling us that the buses to the Contemporary were back the way we came. When I said that we were with the convention, but we needed to get back to WL they sent us to the regular resort bus stops. Halfway there we realised that this wasn’t right and questioned the security people again. It still didn’t feel right so we finally found two cast members who were supposed to be taking care of the conventioneers and asked them.

These two had failed the Disney-required personality checks. They didn’t have one. We finally got it all straightened around and got back on the bus and to our resort, but there was quite a lot of grumbling on the bus about that issue. It was, after all 3 am.

Even with this small snag we had a wonderful time.

pdrlkr
06-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

disneydrmr
06-04-2007, 11:17 AM
I enjoyed reading your reports. One small snag for your whole time down there isn't too bad - but yeah - it sure did come at a bad time... 3am - I'd be grumbling too! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! :mickey:

KylesMom
06-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Sounds like an incredible adventure, Gary! Thanks for sharing the details with us!:mickey:

faline
06-07-2007, 05:49 AM
Glad it was a good trip even with the miscommunication about the buses!

pogo
06-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Thank you for sharing your adventure with us. I've enjoyed reading every word..... even the grumble. :D

January-2007
06-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the report.