PDA

View Full Version : Miami's airport????

Christine
06-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Sometimes airlines make no sense to me at all!

Earlier this year, my DH had to go to San Antonio for business (we live east of Dallas). His company booked his flight that went from Shreveport Louisiana to ATLANTA to San Antonio because it was cheaper.

Well, we just booked our flight for March 2008 (spring break) because we had some vouchers that were about to expire. I am flying separately from my DH and DD b/c I used frequent flier miles. They had $300 vouchers (each) to use.

A direct flight to Orlando from Dallas was going to cost almost $500. But by making a stop in Miami, it brought the cost down to $279, so we went with that so we wouldn't have to pay over what the voucher didn't cover.

Here are my questions:

1. Is the Miami airport bigger or smaller (or same size) as Orlando?

2. Is it easy to navigage? Their layover is only 45 minutes and I worry about them having trouble getting to their next gate.

I hope DD and DH do alright...it seems silly to fly right past Orlando, then go back, but for a 'free' flight, you almost can't complain!

(also, a good friend of mine is going down with me in October, and she has to fly the same way...she would like to know too!) :thanks:

wdw_bound
06-03-2007, 03:24 PM
I've never used MCO, but I have flown into Miami a few times and had no problems. It is a large, international airport, but doesn't seem overwhelming. There are plenty of retail/restaurants to ease any waiting boredom, but I've never had issues when I've needed to hurry, either.

MOJoe
06-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Last Year we made a connection in Miami. It was one of the worst i've ever had. We flew American from Memphis on a small 50 passenger jet. The area for those planes was on the opposite side of the airport from the departing gate. We only had 30 or so minutes to get there. We ran. My wife doesn't run, but we Ran to the gate. It took the entire 30 minutes. They were calling for us as we got there, and shut the door behind us. :mad: Whew! I hope you have a better connection than us!

Christine
06-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Last Year we made a connection in Miami. It was one of the worst i've ever had. We flew American from Memphis on a small 50 passenger jet. The area for those planes was on the opposite side of the airport from the departing gate. We only had 30 or so minutes to get there. We ran. My wife doesn't run, but we Ran to the gate. It took the entire 30 minutes. They were calling for us as we got there, and shut the door behind us. :mad: Whew! I hope you have a better connection than us!

My friend & my family are flying in and out on 757's. Hopefully it will all be centally located! Thanks for the input!

Anyone else?

Dopey's Girl
06-04-2007, 04:24 PM
I flew into Miami for a trip to the Key's last year and hated it! The staff was not the nicest, there was construction all over and it was about a million degrees!

As long as they don't need to go through security again, they should be ok. The security screening there was the longest I have encountered ever. We were at the airport almost 3 hours early, and still nearly missed our flight!

Good luck!

TheRustyScupper
06-05-2007, 10:45 AM
1) To us, Miami is worse than Atlanta!
2) Large and usually confusing.
3) It is a patchwork of added concourses.

faline
06-05-2007, 11:00 AM
I've only connected through Miami on one occasion. We never had to go outside of security (but only because of where they placed staff to steer you through various connecting corriders and interchanges). I do recall having a very long walk from where our flight landed to where our connecting flight gate was located!