PDA

View Full Version : Dining Suggestions with DDP

bshandsauby
06-03-2007, 01:13 PM
My husband and I will be heading to WDW the weekend before the 4th of July. This is the first time he and I have gone together, and it has been a while since either of us have been. Do you have any suggestions on great places to eat. We have purchased the DDP. We will also be there for my birthday! Any suggestions that are given are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Brooke:mickey:

slegrant
06-03-2007, 01:25 PM
My wife and I love California Grill at the Contemporary Resort. The food is fantastic, they have a great wine list and the views are spectacular.The Other place we love is Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian, if you go here try and book Dinner for around 8pm and ask for a window seat, because at 9pm the electrical water pagent goes past the resort. Hope you have a wonderful trip, we will be there that time frame as well :bar:
Next trip
6/22/07-7/9/07 Fort Wilderness:chip::dale:

jefmblrd
06-03-2007, 01:31 PM
My wife and I love California Grill at the Contemporary Resort. The food is fantastic, they have a great wine list and the views are spectacular.The Other place we love is Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian, if you go here try and book Dinner for around 8pm and ask for a window seat, because at 9pm the electrical water pagent goes past the resort. Hope you have a wonderful trip, we will be there that time frame as well :bar:
Next trip
6/22/07-7/9/07 Fort Wilderness:chip::dale:

I totally agree with both of these, although they are signature restaurants and cost 2 TS credits each. Having said that, they are both worth it-especially the California Grill. Jiko in the Animal Kingdom is great as well-also 2 TS and Le Cellier is a very popular restaurant, although I have never eaten there. Wolfgang Pucks is very good as well.

dolphinmickey9170
06-03-2007, 01:36 PM
My husband and I will be heading to WDW the weekend before the 4th of July. This is the first time he and I have gone together, and it has been a while since either of us have been. Do you have any suggestions on great places to eat. We have purchased the DDP. We will also be there for my birthday! Any suggestions that are given are greatly appreciated. Thanks
Brooke:mickey:
THE MOST important suggestion I can make is ADRs. You may not get into anything you want without them. We were there in May, (not as busy as July) and people in the "Checkin" line were being turned away if they didn't have ressies as there was no more seating available.

Strmchsr
06-03-2007, 02:05 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

Honestly, I'd say get some general ideas, but you may have to take whatever is available. Years ago, before the dining plan, you could walk up to restaurants and get a table. That is no longer the case. Disney now allows ADRs (advanced dining reservations) to be made 180 days out and many of the restaurants fill up on day 180, especially during a very busy time like you're going. Since you're less than a month away, I have a feeling the table service restaurants may be slim pickings. Pick 3 or 4 from the park you'll be at that day, be willing to take lunch or dinner, and call ASAP.

bshandsauby
06-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks for all the ideas! Does anyone have a web site for places that require ADRs?? Thanks!

Tygger7
06-03-2007, 04:37 PM
You'll need ADR's at pretty much every table service restaruant. Just call 407-W-DISNEY and they can take care of your reservations. Good luck!! :mickey:

ryca1dreams
06-03-2007, 11:13 PM
You may want to review the WDW official site to make sure the restaurant accepts the DDP. Most of them do, but a few of them do not.

Strmchsr
06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Click the Info Central tab above and scroll down to the dining section. It has all the info you need on the TS restaurants that are on the dining plan, plus menus, planners, etc. You should find everything you need among those links.