PDA

View Full Version : Ohanas question

moe513
06-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I have been there 3 times and have always sat in the main dining area with the windows but have noticed another section that is off to the side. You actually walk around them to get to the section with the windows. Who sits there??? I don't want to be there because there is no view and the coconut races dont go out there. Thanks

Bruegge
06-05-2007, 12:16 PM
If you are refering to the area just behind the cooks and the bar.... We got put there just last week. It's a little less hectic, DD's 8,3 were "out of site" for a while doing Coconut races and hula. DW and I took turns walking out to watch and photograph.

While it was a little bit of a bother, I also wouldn't want to sit a the tables near the race and see everyone's butt and flashes of cameras all the while I eat.

Not good, not Bad, just different.

Scott

SurferStitch
06-05-2007, 01:11 PM
DH and I sat in that area on our last visit. We weren't all the way in the back, but between the windows and just back from the pit. It was perfect, and I hope we get seated there again.

We had a huge 8-person table for just the two of us, so we definitely weren't cramped. We could see everything going on, but from a nice distance. I completely missed the coconut races, actually...never even noticed them. :blush:

Mickey'sGirl
06-05-2007, 01:18 PM
That's where we have sat every time we've eaten at 'Ohana (Breakfast and Dinner) except one. While it is apart from the main action, the races and the parade (in the morning) all come by. DH and I take turns watching the boys ... but it's all good. Good view of wishes from our "usual" table. :thumbsup:

pox24
06-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Its a great location for a qiet dinner without all the chatter, coconuts races and loud cowd. We've ask for it from now on. You can still see the castle from the end too.:thumbsup:

Disney Doll
06-05-2007, 04:50 PM
We sat just to the right of the fire pit last time and we found it to be a nice quiet location. We did miss most of the activities, but we don't have kids so I kind of enjoyed being away from all the hubbub.

mickey-mouse35
06-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Its a great location for a qiet dinner without all the chatter, coconuts races and loud cowd. We've ask for it from now on. You can still see the castle from the end too.

If I want to request this area, to see the castle but be away from the commotion, what do I say to the CM--what do I request specifically? Thanks! :D