PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks - heard from the pool of POR.

ILoveLegos
06-03-2007, 11:26 AM
One evening, we went swimming around fireworks time in the main pool area of POR. I couldn't see the fire works from the pool - but I sure enjoyed the bangs, pops and fizzles. My question is, are there some areas of the POR grounds that you might be able to catch a glimpse of the show? One night I saw the sky brightening in an area but it was an overcast night. Also, from which theme park were the fireworks probably comming from? I would guess Magic Kingdom from the sounds of the shells but - I thought it was too far away to hear them that clearly. Anywho, I just imagined the show in my mind as I relaxed in the pool. It make me giggle when I think about those Disney commercials from long ago when the kids go to the window and see the magic kingdom's main street right below (some 25 years before the castle suite). Anywho - listening to fireworks in the pool always makes me think of Disney now - although we get the same effect on the "Fourth of July" and "first night" back at at home. :mickey:

merhon2
06-03-2007, 01:08 PM
We were there Nov 2006 and we could see some of the Epcot Fireworks from the bridge that is closest to Oak Manor. We could also see some of the MK fireworks when we were on the path beside the river in front of Oak Manor heading toward Magnolia. It was really cool!

TheRustyScupper
06-03-2007, 02:48 PM
1) We live 12-miles from WDW.
2) We hear the boomers every night. *

Fireworks boomers, not baby-boomers.

ILoveLegos
06-03-2007, 06:38 PM
TheRustyScupper - thanks for clarifying I thought the baby boomers should be more aware of :haha: noise ordinances!