PDA

View Full Version : Brother and Sister Disney Trip Day 2...FOOD, glorious FOOD *kinda*!

grego77
06-02-2007, 09:49 PM
We woke up very refreshed on Saturday morning. We planned on going to Animal Kingdom in the AM, MGM for lunch at 50s Prime Time Café, and then to Kona for dinner, and Magic Kingdom for the evening…a very busy day. :thumbsup:

We arrived at Animal Kingdom and chose a VERY good line to wait in. :D We got in quickly and went to guest services to get the handheld captioning, which would work for any ride/show that has talking in it. You pay a $100.00 deposit, and then you get it back when you return it. Push come to shove, we didn’t end up using it or needing it today, but oh well. We went to EE and the line was already long, so we just got a FP for it, and decided to do It’s Tough To Be A Bug, where we found a hidden mickey! It’s in the handicapped waiting area on the wall to the left. It’s small so good luck finding it…I was VERY lucky! We finally got someone who knew how to set up the reflective captioning for Amanda, so this was a plus. She LOVED the show and I was happy that she finally was able to understand the show. :blush: After that, we checked out the Safaris but it also was very long, so we decided to forget it, and walked back to Asia to ride EE. We got there right when the FP was effective and had probably the best ride ever! We left AK very happy. We got to MGM around 15mins later, and were confronted right away by a couple who had a FP for RR and didn’t want to use it. SWEET!:mickey: We went right over and used it, and got a FP for TOT (which we never used). We walked to 50s PTC early and were seated early. Our server was AMAZING (I forgot his name…but he was just awesome). We had a great meal…the meatloaf is just to die for…yes meatloaf! :cloud9: She loved her chicken too. Dessert was also good (I had the ice cream sundae, and Amanda had the smores…her favorite dessert of the trip actually!). We both gave PTC an A- for food and an A for atmosphere and fun! Next we did Muppets and again Amanda was able to use the reflective captioning and COULDN’T STOP LAUGHING! :blush: I also think it’s genius and one of the best shows Disney has. By now we were tired, so we went back to POP to relax for a bit and swim. We went to the Hippy Dippy pool and swam for around an hour or so and then showered and relaxed until 4:30. Then we took the bus to MK and hopped the resort monorail for the Polynesian. We loved the ambience of the Polynesian, and I hope to walk around more the next time I go there. Kona was nestled next to O’Hanas. I loved my pot stickers…YUMMY! Amanda liked her Caesar salad, but did not like her Prime Rib (wasn’t rare enough…and when asked to take it back, they didn’t have any left…so she got the filet mignon which she didn’t like as much…oh well). I LOVED my macadamia-crusted Mahi Mahi but thought the banana-caramel crème brulee was just so-so. Amanda loved her Kilauea Torte. I gave Kona an A-, Amanda gave it a B+. We then went to Magic Kingdom and finally went on Space Mountain, and did all the Fantasyland rides while Wishes was going on (Pooh, then Snow White, to Peter Pan *less than 10mins wait*). By then Amanda was REALLY tired, so we called it a night and went back to POP to get a good night sleep.

Tomorrow (Sunday)…we planned on Epcot at 8 for Extra Magic Hour, lunch at Coral Reef…YAY!, followed by Magic Kingdom, then to DTD for dinner ideally.

Check back for our next trip report to see if that in fact DID happen! :mickey:

BronxTigger
06-02-2007, 11:07 PM
Wow! When I saw your plan for the day, I thought, no way will they get all that in....but you did! Amazing. I can't wait to read more. :thumbsup:

Dizneyfan
06-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Sounds like ya'll are having a great time. Wish I was there!!!:mickey:

Mousehead35
06-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Can't wait to read your next installment! :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
06-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the report!

Bethanymouse
06-04-2007, 07:10 AM
What a busy day! I am glad that you had such a wonderful time on EE. It is one of my favorites. The muppets is a great show and I am glad that your sister was able to enjoy it. Sorry that her meal at the Kona wasnt her favorite- hopefully she will have better luck at the coral reef!:mickey:

disneydrmr
06-04-2007, 09:59 AM
Your park hoppers are sure getting a work out! :D So happy Amanda is getting to enjoy the shows! And that you guys are having such a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing your report with us! :stitch2:

January-2007
06-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the report!!

ChipnDaleGal
06-05-2007, 04:37 PM
You two covered an amazing amount of ground today and you ate at two of my favorite restaurants. Great Day! Thanks for sharing it. :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
06-05-2007, 06:21 PM
What a busy day. I'm glad Amanda is getting to really enjoy the attractions:mickey:Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

faline
06-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Amanda must be enjoying the attraction so much more now that she's getting the full script!

What a fun day you had!

BriarRose0708
06-07-2007, 05:06 PM
:surf:

waiting to find out what happened on your third day!

grego77
06-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Day 3 is up...sorry for the delay! :mickey:

Lizzie
06-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Wow what a full day.