PDA

View Full Version : What sections are Standard sections at Caribbean Beach Resort?

AliceinDisney
06-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Which one of the sections are the standard, and which are the "preferred"

Thanks!

mickeymousedabomb
06-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Matinique and Trinidad North are concidered "preferred". Let me tell you though we stayed there in July, in Jamacia, LOVED IT!! 1st pick up, 1st drop off in the resort, about a five minute walk to Old Port Royale past the pool and over the bridge and little "island". We loved it. You just have to ask around and get feedback on where to stay and save money by not going preferred and getting a good location in a resort. Good luck!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-02-2007, 10:26 PM
A couple of cast members at the resort in the Custom House said Jamaica was full so we had to take South Trinidad.

It is the worst location, but very secluded.

We had put in a request for Jamaica though - guess they cant guarantee anything - they told us several times Jamaica was full and if we wanted a room it'd have to be South Trinidad.

But they could have been nicer about telling us the situation - we found most of them very rude.

Chris :hatter:

kakn7294
06-02-2007, 11:38 PM
I think only the closest couple of buildings in Martinique and Trinidad North are considered "preferred". We stayed at CBR in Sept '05 and we were in Martinique but had not requested or paid for "preferred". We may have been given an upgrade but we weren't told that when we checked in and actually wanted Jamaica.

CleveRocks
06-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Matinique and Trinidad North are concidered "preferred". Let me tell you though we stayed there in July, in Jamacia, LOVED IT!! 1st pick up, 1st drop off in the resort
Not entirely accurate. Here are the 100% accurate facts.

There are 33 buildings at CBR, in 6 villages. Five of the villages have 6 buildings each, and one village has only 3 buildings.

Preferred location means the 6 buildings closest to OPR, 3 on each side.

These are all of Trinidad North (buildings 31-32-33) and half of Martinique (24-25-26). Buiildings 21-22-23 in Martinique are NOT preferred location buildings.

As for the buses ....

Buses going to and coming from Animal Kingdom, Epcot and MGM start at Jamaica, and from there it's on to Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, OPR, Trinidad North and Trinidad South.

Buses going to and from Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney start at Martinique, and from there it's on to OPR, Trinidad North, Trinidad South, Jamaica, Aruba and Barbados.

I've stayed preferred, I've stayed standard. The ONLY thing preferred location gets you is a room closer to OPR than most of the other rooms at CBR. All of the rooms in the resort are the same inside, once you close the door (well, there are some king-size bed rooms, but you know what I mean ...). And each village has its own bus stop (as does OPR), so there's no such thing as a village that is closer to a bus stop than any other village. If a 10 minute walk versus a 5 minute walk to OPR doesn't matter to you, then save your money and don't pay for a preferred location.