PDA

View Full Version : Please help me decide

NewmanFamily6
06-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Ok so next summer we can go either June 6-13 or Aug 12-19. I realize Aug will be much hotter but will the crowds be better? I would be willing to go in August if the crowds might be lighter. What do you all think?:mickey:

Checkers
06-02-2007, 06:58 PM
If smaller crowds are what you looking for, I would vote for August. Schools usually are out for the year late May, early June and then the crowds are huge, whereas, many schools begin in mid-August so the crowds should be smaller.
It will be hot either month!:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
06-02-2007, 10:31 PM
I actually think the crowds for the two time periods will be similar as many schools do not release for the summer until the end of June and many other schools begin returning around mid-August so early June and late August are fairly similar in crowds.

GrmGrninGost
06-03-2007, 11:17 AM
We have been during both of these weeks in previous years. I think you will find the crowds about the same either week. I believe I liked the June week slightly better, it was slightly cooler I believe. Also, if next year is like this one, that will be a Star Wars weekend.:mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
06-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, Florida just passed a law that our schools have to start within 2 weeks of Labor Day, no earlier. So schools will be starting late August down here.

wdw_bound
06-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Well, Florida just passed a law that our schools have to start within 2 weeks of Labor Day, no earlier. So schools will be starting late August down here.

South Carolina now has a similar law - no earlier than the third week in August. Starts with the 07-08 school year. We go back 8/23. While I know a lot of people won't usually go on vacation right before school starts, in our area that will not be true this year as a lot of summer camps used as an alternative to daycare haven't adjusted their schedules, meaning many parents have to take that time off anyway. Whether that is still true next year remains to be seen.