PDA

View Full Version : watching illuminations from Pop

septembergirl
06-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Hello:
I have heard you can view Illuminiations from one or more of the balconies at Pop Century. :fworks:

Has anyone done this and where exactly did you do this?:huh:

Nascfan
06-02-2007, 06:27 PM
You can't see all of Illuminations because of trees and other vegetation, but you can certainly see the fireworks portion. We requested 50s Building 3, 4th floor, Epcot view and were able to see them from our balcony right outside the door or even from the foot of our bed. We were in room 3433 in case you are interested. If you just want to see the fireworks but not request a room like that, you certainly can watch from the balcony of that building.

I know there are some other areas that also have those types of views from others staying there, but can't tell you exactly which ones based on personal experience.

Have fun! :mickey:

kaliepooh
06-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Is the 50 buldings preferred rooms? We will be staying at the POP Resort in August and we requested preferred rooms. I also read in another post that wishes can also be seen from some areas at the Pop resort as well. Can we also see wishes from the Pop resort?:mickey:

GrumpyFan
06-02-2007, 08:19 PM
I know it's one of the 50's buildings, but not sure which one. However, bear in mind, it's not a full unobstructed view your getting. At best you will be able to see some of the fireworks that shoot up high, but for the most part, you'll hear more than you see.

Beach Club Babe
06-03-2007, 10:57 AM
We just returned last week from a stay in the 50's section, building 2, room 2159. You could see both Illuminations and Wishes from right outside our door. However, walk up to one of the top floors will give you an even better view. Obviously you cannot see all of Illuminations, but you atill have a very good view of the fireworks portion. As for Wishes, you can see a lot more of them than Illuminations. My 4 year old certainly enjoyed watching them both from there.

Nascfan
06-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Is the 50 buldings preferred rooms? We will be staying at the POP Resort in August and we requested preferred rooms. I also read in another post that wishes can also be seen from some areas at the Pop resort as well. Can we also see wishes from the Pop resort?:mickey:

50s buildings are not preferred rooms. And I believe that Heather answered your other question. Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

kaliepooh
06-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Guys thank you for the information. Intercot always comes true for me!:mickey:

NJDad
06-04-2007, 06:42 AM
We could also see the top of Illuminations from our room we had once in the 70s building. Top floor, back of the 'Big Wheel' building near the playground and the 80s buildings. In fact, opened the door and you could see it from bed.

DisneyCrazyET
06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
We've stayed inthe 50's section and watched illuminations a few times. Where can you see wishes from? I would have thought that MK would be to far away. I'll have to check it out when we go down in Aug.
Thanks for that info.
Enjoy your day!

Pop Centurion
06-06-2007, 11:40 AM
We were able to see some of the fireworks from our balcony in the 90's building also. We were on the top floor in the end room closest to the Classic Hall.