PDA

View Full Version : POP or POR????????

nicole48040
06-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Ok, we booked at POR but now I am reading about how POP has own buses and frozen coke for refill mugs and a kids waiting area for check in.......I could save almost $600 at POP.......it it a better option or is POR worth the extra money??????? Are beds any bigger at moderates than values??????? Please give me your advice:confused:

NLODisney
06-02-2007, 03:44 PM
The beds at Pop are full size beds and I'm not sure if the beds are full or queen at POR. We have stayed at both and if you are planning to spend most of your time at the parks POP is fine but the rooms are smaller than POR. Also Pop only has the food court area which has good food POR has a sit down restaurant. From POR there is also the boat that will take you to DTD and they have boat rentals there as well as a hot tub which POP does not have. $600 is a lot of money that could be spent on other things. I just retunred on the May 21 from the POP and I had a great time. Other than at park closing the buses to and from POP were great the longest I waited for a bus was 10 minutes and that's because I didn't feel like running to get on the bus that was just finishing loading as I was heading to it. I only had to stand once and I will stay at the POP again if I am trying to stay on a budget. We also like POR but we usually stay at a value for short trips and at a deluxe usually the Poly for longer trips.

KayDee
06-03-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi there
Dw and I just returned from 10 days at POR.WE had originally booked at ASMu but after 1 night switched to POR.Once you go moderate you can't go back.
The big question here is length of stay . The longer you book the more important the resort.
I would say 6 nights and under you could stay at POP.Over that you would be happier with POR.
Here's my final thought since you have already commited the money to POR switching to POP is a risk,because if you end up not enjoying your stay at POP you will be kicking yourself.
Have Fun the Sun at WDW!

kadesha
06-03-2007, 05:21 PM
I just returned from Pop. If you spend most of the time at the parks, go with Pop! That $600 will be great for something else other than your hotel stay. The food court at pop is great. i would, however, recommend getting a preferred room so you don't have to hike a mile to refill your mugs! the frozen coke is great, they also have the frozen blue fanta. My kids never used the kids waiting area, check in didn't take long at all. I am a fan of values because I spend most of my time at the parks anyway. The bus service was wonderful there, the only drawback is that Pop is the last busstop at the parks, so it's always a hike back to the bus after a long day at the park.

RockChalkKimball
06-03-2007, 05:30 PM
I would say that much of it depends on the size of your kids. We have stayed at both. When we have stayed at POR, it has been four of us, 2 adults and 2 teens. When I stayed at POP, it was just me and DS who was 13 at the time. The biggest difference seemed to be the size of the room. POP was fine for the two of us, but I don't think we would have enjoyed it with all four of us. If your kids are smaller, you can probably get by at POP and they would enjoy the theming more. POR has always seemed pretty comfortable when all of us go. Both resorts are great and both have good food courts. I would stay at either without hesitation.

Mickey91
06-03-2007, 07:27 PM
POR. We love Pop but if you already have POR booked, I think the positives of a moderate outweigh the positives of a value. Your kids will have a slide at the pool. There is a boat to DTD. They have a TS restaurant. The bus sharing isn't really an issue as they only have 176 more rooms combined than the Pop. That isn't really a significant number. Plus the distance to the bus stops at the end of a long day at the park is closer for the POR. The icees at the Pop are great but compared to the pool slide, not so impressive. I say, stay with POR.