PDA

View Full Version : flight times changing...can I add another day to my package?

DisneyMelissa
06-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone,

At the end of August, my friend and I (we are both 19) are taking our first vacation by ourselves. We booked a package through Disney that included 5 days and 4 nights. Our flight has a layover both ways that stops in Atlanta (we are travelling from Milwaukee). I've gotten mail from Disney saying that our flights have changed and we just got a fourth one today saying it has changed again. We were originally supposed to get to Florida at 11:30 in the morning, and now we won't be getting there until almost 2:00. We have a LOT of stuff planned for this vacation and do not want to waste a minute, and now they are chopping hours off of our vacation! Can we add another day to our vacation or would we get penalized in addition to paying for another day? I know that if we were to completely cancel or were to switch airlines,we would get fined, but what if we kept the same airline? The airline is Delta, if that helps at all.

If you could please give me your input, that would be great! I am really stressing out over this right now! :help:

TheRustyScupper
06-02-2007, 03:00 PM
1) You should be able to add resort/park days.
2) Changing airline tickets can cost a bundle.
. . . change fees
. . . added fares for the new flights

BronxTigger
06-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Delta is doing the same stupid stuff to me; I've lost about an hour and a half off my October weekend trip already. I called and tried to change my flight times, but the guy on the phone was less than helpful, even though THEY changed it. He did say I CAN change the flights ONE time, and he suggested to wait until I was closer to the trip time because if I changed it now and the flight times changed again, I would not be able to change the flight again. So, I'm waiting until it gets closer to make a decision.

I would call Delta and explain that they changed your flight to a time that is not acceptable to you, and ask what you can do. Chances are you'll get the same answer I got (or something totally different, perhaps!).

The irony in this is that Delta has a new advertising campaign they have plastered all over some of the subway cars here in NYC. The theme is "Change"...how they are changing things like adding in-flight tvs to the seats on some flights, etc. All I can think of is how much they change their flight times LOL.

crazypoohbear
06-03-2007, 10:08 AM
In the past I have found Delta to be accomdating when they have changed the flights on you the will let you change them to times that fit your needs. Call, ask for a second tier supervisor ( translation, someone in America :()and pray!
Good Luck

snifflesmcg
06-03-2007, 10:29 AM
I have already added an extra day to my package through Disney and it wasn't a problem. They only charged me $40 (per person. That's staying at a value resort during the value season) for the extra hotel night and $2 for another park day (that's all it was to upgrade from 6 to 7 days). However, I've never changed a flight. That might cost you a bundle. I would call Delta and explain that since THEY added the layover, they should accomodate you. Hey, it's worth the try. Good luck and enjoy your first trip alone!!!!

tyandskyesmom
06-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Before you even mentioned the name of your airline, I knew which one you were talking about!;)

The one and only time we have ever strayed from SWA was almost with Delta for our Nov 2005 trip.:shake: I booked the trip from Chicago to Orlando with a stop and plane change in Atlanta with two kids. Our schedule was changed about 6 times before the last time when it was drastically changed. Never was I notified by Delta so you're one up on me!:thumbsup: I called and found out that the flights they booked me into was actually illegal one way because they had not left me the manditory time (I think 25 minutes) between plane landing and take off of another. So they would have had to change it again. I finally got to someone who told me that if they change your flights to a schedule that is unacceptable to you they must change it to an acceptable one or refund your money. We had purchased the non-refundable tickets too. So while they were processing my refund (that credited the very next morning) I had SWA's web site up and booked a flight withthe times we originally wanted and for about the same cost.:cloud9: The most horifying part was when I asked how long up until my flight they could/would change it and was told right up until the flight! Plus, my return trip could still be changed and i would have no way of knowing it until i tried to check in! That never even dawned on me!:jaw:

My advise to you...call and request they change your flights (which will not mean that they will not change them again:fingers:) or better yet get the refund and book another airline! Then, extend you trip an extra day just for the heck of it!:mickey2:

27 more days!

massachusetts
06-04-2007, 03:43 PM
I agree with the previous post. My DD had a reservation with Delta. They changed her flight so many times. They actually had her arriving at an airport 1/2 hour after connecting flight had left. They never even informed her. It was because I happened to check her schedule online that she found out.

princessjojo
06-05-2007, 09:22 AM
This happened to us last spring with Delta. They actually changed our flights by about 5 hours I think. When I spoke with them they told me that if they change our flight times by a certain amount of hours, that we could find an alternate flight that would accommodate us and they would put us there, assuming there were enough seats and there would be no change fee. They changed our original flight from 8:30 departure to 3:20 I think which meant we would lose a lot of park time on our last day. We found a flight the next day at 9:30 and took it with no change fee, just added the extra day for the room.

You can speak with your airlines about their policies. Sometimes you have to be very specific about what you want or what you want to know because they won't volunteer any information that is often advantageous to you. It's worth a shot though. After all the worst they can do is tell you no and you haven't really lost anything.

EDIT: BronxTigger is correct in that you are only allowed to change it once with them. As he said, I would wait until closer to your departure date to change your return flight. You may want to try a morning flight the next day. They aren't changed as frequently as the later day flights

tyandskyesmom
06-05-2007, 12:21 PM
EDIT: BronxTigger is correct in that you are only allowed to change it once with them. As he said, I would wait until closer to your departure date to change your return flight. You may want to try a morning flight the next day. They aren't changed as frequently as the later day flights

Just FYI

This must just be another one of those things that depends upon who you speak to because I changed the flight to something more to my liking almost every time I saw a change that Delta made so it never hurts to ASK...