PDA

View Full Version : Poly Info Needed!

Dreamin_of_Disney247
06-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Hello my fellow Intercotees! :rocks:I have an upcoming trip to stay at the Poly in 2 weeks. I know nothing about the Polynesian Resort. Anything about the resort would be helpful info. I am going with my son who is 12 and my daughter who is 3. Also attending are my parents. This will be my Dad's first trip so is there anything special I can do for him,since he is funding this trip.Thanks to all who reply and Have A Magical Day!:lei:

BigRedDad
06-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Best thing to do is Google tikiman. You will be on info overload.

NLODisney
06-02-2007, 03:52 PM
The Poly is one of our favorite resorts. Our favorite building is Fiji and it is close to the GCH. You can get on the monorail here to go to the MK and also if you want to go to Epcot you can go from there and transfer at the TTC or you can walk to the TTC and get on the Epcot monorail. Ask to sit in the front of the monorail- if it's empty 4 people are allowed to sit up front with the driver and kids usually love that. The Kona is a good place to eat and there is also Ohana that is a feast served family style with entertainment through out the dinner. The volcano pool is awesome and you can hear the music under water. Watching the Electric boat parade from the beach is a relaxing way to end an evening and also the fireworks at MK from there as well. Just walking around the grounds is nice as it is themed very well. We love staying here. Aslo you can now get dole whips at Captain Cooks which was recently remodeled. Save some time to enjoy the resort and maybe rent the small mouse boats and drive around the lake you can go over towards MK and you can also go out behind the Cont over to WL adn FW. Have a great trip.

SodaPopMGK
06-02-2007, 04:11 PM
I hope you enjoy the Poly as much as my family. Some things my family likes are taking the boat to and from the MK, sitting on the hammocks at the beach with a book or to nap on, and renting a surrey bike and driving it around. My boys love to go to the tiki lighting ceremony at least once each trip to watch the fire dancer from the luau, it is only a few minutes but my family really enjoys it. Also, the arcade is fun for the kids. My kids are all teenagers now but I know there is a kids corner with activities that your DD might enjoy. They will give you a Poly newsletter when you check in and that has a schedule of events. Have a magical trip!:mickey:

moe513
06-02-2007, 04:13 PM
O' hanas is one of the best places to eat in all wdw.

Mary Poppins fan
06-02-2007, 06:54 PM
There's a lot to do at the resort. My DDs(5) love the hula lessons :lei:, DS(12) enjoys the sea raycer boats, they all learned how to make leis and towel animals, and we always try to catch the tiki lighting ceremony :tikki: . When you check-in you'll get a list of everything going on at the resort.
For your dad, maybe you can treat him to a sea raycer rental, a fishing excursion, or one of the tours at the parks? Or maybe just dinner at Kona Cafe! :marg:

06-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Recently returned from wdw & our 3rd stay @ the Poly. We were in the Tahiti longhouse. We were close to the smaller beach which was nice because it was like having our own private beach. We watched the fireworks from there. The only thing we didn't like was the long walk to the GCH. Although, it's a short walk to the TTC to catch the monorail to Epcot. Wouldn't mind staying here again but would request a room closer to the GCH. Ate @ Captain Cooks almost every morning. Also tried Kona Cafe for lunch & Ohana for breakfast. We enjoyed all of them.

psychotekkie
06-02-2007, 10:01 PM
We absolutely LOVE the Poly. If we could afford it, we would do it every time. Amazing convenience and ambiance.

Be sure to take advantage of the monorail to skip back to the hotel for afternoon nap and dip in the pool. Takes only a few minutes to get back and forth.

Watch the MK fireworks from the pool or beach!

Any building, any view will be absolutely gorgeous. I have been told that even the parking lot views are not that bad! A couple of garden-view rooms in Tokelau can actually see the castle from the balcony. Tikiman explains which ones.

Make sure you get yourself some Tonga Toast! Ooooohhh baby!! And the drink in the pineapple really does taste good! Expensive but you gotta get at least one to try.

You will be treated like royalty and have the time of your life!

krorx
06-03-2007, 09:45 AM
First off--your dad rocks! Second--I'm jealous. You are going to love the Poly. The convenience of the monorail says it all. The ambience of the resort is beautiful. Your kids will both love the volcano pool. We enjoyed the boat ride back from the MK when we were all tired and needed a bit of relaxation. The restaurants at the Poly are all great. We did Ohana and Kona--both excellent. Captain Cooks is not bad for CS. Now that I've read they have the dole whips, we are in hog heaven at the thought of going back and spoiled forever for another resort. Relax and savor the island paradise your family will soon be enjoying. Oh, and don't miss the nightly electric water parade. Your youngest will surely love that.

Jeff
06-03-2007, 11:40 AM
We love the Poly! It is great.

Best thing to give your Dad while you are there:
A long hug perhaps mixed with tears of joy!

Grace
06-04-2007, 04:20 PM
:mickey: One of our fave things at the Poly is the Kona Coffee. Real coffee has become a rarity at WDW, but at the Poly you can get the real thing - and it's very good. The Kona Cafe serves it, and there is a coffee bar right outside the restaurant too. :thumbsup:

Watching the "Wishes" fireworks show from the beach at the Poly is great, too. Get yourself a nice refreshment, a lounge chair, and relax and enjoy the show. It's amazing how large the fireworks actually are, when seen from a distance. It's a very different perspective than seeing it while in the MK. :D