Resort:

Pop Century
50's Section
Building 2
Room 2159

Trip Dates:

May 20th through May 26th, 2007

Wednesday, May 23rd, Day Four

At 8:30 this morning we were to be having breakfast at Kona Cafe, and I thought we were running a bit late, but no worries, because our incredible luck with the busses was still going strong! We boarded a bus for MK with plans of going straight across to the resort monorail, but that is not how it played out. For some reason, our bus driver decided to stop at the Contemporary to let passengers out who were having breakfast at Chef Mickey's. This really made quite a few people on the bus angry since they were trying to get to their own ADR's at MK and such. We decided that it would be much easier for us if we just got off here at caught the monorail from the Contemporary. It did work out quite well for us. Once at the Kona, we were seated immediately. Our table was not the greatest as it was all the way in the back with a view of the service area. As long as I had my Tonga Toast, I ddin't really care. Ashleigh had pancakes, Emily had the kids Mickey Cakes, and Ron had the Big Kahuna, although he substituted the French Toast for regular wheat toast. All were delicious!

After breakfast, we strolled through our favorite resort over to the TTC, where we caught a monorail for Epcot. We arrived about 9:30ish. Ron went and picked up the stroller, while Ashleigh and I went to get fastpasses for Soarin'. The standby line was posted at a 25 minute wait, and since we had nothing to do nearby, when Ron and Emily arrived, we just got in standby. I would say it probably did take nearly the 25 minutes to get on the ride. This would be Emily's first time on this and she loved it as well. She wanted to do it again right away, good thing we had fastpasses and the window was open!

As we exited The land, I decided to send Ron over to collect fastpasses for Test Track, while the girls and I got in line for the character connection. The line looked pretty long, but seemed to move pretty quickly at least until the lady in front of us got to the front. She had no clue to what she was doing and I guess felt she had some alone time with the characters. She was visiting with her 2 grandchildren and insisted the character sign numerous autograph books. Also, each child had to be photographed individually and she need to snap several different poses. Also each child's hair had to be brushed after each character. Then she insisted that she use two different photo pass cards, but everytime she moved from character to character, she would put her photo pass cards back into her fanny pack and then dig for them each time. I didn't know who was going to reach out and strangle her first, us, the people behind us, the photopass photographers, the handlers, or the characters themselves. They were all quite annoyed by her. We then decided to just wait out our fastpass window by getting some frozen strawberry lemonades for the girls. It was now time for Test Track and Emily was fine until we approached the entrance and a car whizzed by overhead. I told her it wasn't scary as did a CM, but the look on her face was that of what are you doing to me?! Once in the car, she seemed to be thinking this isn't so bad as she definitely relaxed all her tense muscles. Then came the outside portion, and I'm not so sure that was for her. Once we exited, I kept asking her if she liked it or not, but all she would say is "I cannot answer!" I guessed that she didn't want to tell me she did not like it as if it would hurt my feeling or something. So I reassured her she could tell me anything whether she liked it or not would be OK. She then said, "I don't think I liked that so much." However, much later back in the hotel room, she said, "actually, I did like that car rollercoaster." Still, I don't think she'll be riding that for a while.

Next, we headed for Ellen, the pre-show had already started, but at least I got to see my favorite parts. Emily took the opportunity for a nap just about at the end of the ride. We put her in the stroller, and just decided to stroll through World Showcase, beginning on the Canada side. We stopped for some more pictures of topiaries, and browsed in the shops of UK. We also stopped to get Ashleigh a temporary tatoo of Capt. Jack! Once in France we saw Belle and The Beast, but their line was closed. Over in Morocco, Aladdin, Genie, and Jasmine were out so we got in line. At that moment, Emily pops up from her nap. However, before we got to the front, Aladdin and Jasmine were going in, so we only got a pic with Genie.

After that we decided, we were a little hot and could use a break. We took the friendship launch back across the lagoon and headed out to the bus. The bus was waiting for us, but there was absolutely no air on in it and was sooo hot! By the time we got back to the resort, we were literally stuck in our clothes and I was not feeling well from being overheated. Back at the room, Ron went and grabbed some refills, Ashleigh went to the pool, oddly enough to tan more than swim, Emily watched Kim Possible, and I took a short nap. When I woke up, I felt much better.

After freshening up, we headed to DTD and dinner at the Earl of Sandwich. We just have to squeeze this in during the trip. We all had our usuals, the All-American, Earl's Club, Cannonballs and a Ham and Swiss. All were excellent as always. I left the gang there for a minute while I went over to rent Em a stroller. With that in hand, I went to the Christmas Store while the rest just walked around. I was less than impressed with the merchandise, and opted only to buy a new Dreams Come True antennae topper. Perhaps, wehn we come back in the summer, I will find more. Ashleigh and I then browsed through Summer Sands, but again did not see much. We then all decided to walk over to the West Side, to see if I could get a shirt for Matt at the House of Blues. I found a nice one and a few little odds and ends. I realized after the fact that I could get an AP discount here, so I went back for it while Ron took a look in the cigar store. Walking through PI back to Marketplace, made Ron feel old! We went back to the room and Emily and I watched Illuminations and Wishes simultaneously from right outside our room. Afterward, Ashleigh gave me a quiz from her teeny-bopper magazine! That made me feel old, but we were giggling like crazy. Ron watched the end of the Yankee-RedSox game, and then I popped on resort tv and we all fell asleep.

T-Belle
06-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Another great post! I had forgotten that I had a Cannonball at Earl of Sandwich last year. It was yummy!:tasty: Thanks for conjuring up that delicious memory!

sleepingbooty
06-02-2007, 12:21 PM
What a nice day, Heather - thanks for sharing:thumbsup: I can't wait to try Earl of Sandwich - everyone raves about it so much!

BronxTigger
06-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the trip reports! It sounds like you're having a great trip so far! I can't wait to read more. It's making me want to go back so bad....I just have to wait for mid-August!

mrsgaribaldi
06-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I love Earl of Sandwich too:blush::thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing your busy day:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

ElenitaB
06-03-2007, 04:22 AM
Emily is too cute. I'm glad to hear that she decided that she liked the "car rollercoaster."

Sounds like another great day! Can't wait to read more...

princessgirls
06-03-2007, 09:42 PM
A great day Heather!!

Thanks for the report.

I'm glad that Ashleigh's health is back to 100% for the trip.

Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
06-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the reports!:thumbsup:
Another great day for your family, except for the bus with no A/C!

Mickey'sGirl
06-04-2007, 09:28 AM
I love the Cannonball too!

We had a similar experience with a Character Meet and Greet in April. Some people just don't have a clue! Just be proud of your daughters and how patient they were to wait through it all!

Thanks for sharing your day with us! Did Emily get back onto her ride in Mexico?

offwego
06-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Sounds like a wonderful day!! I'm so glad that your having such luck (aside from Air) with the buses. Sure is a lot to keep notes on!

faline
06-07-2007, 06:49 AM
Once we exited, I kept asking her if she liked it or not, but all she would say is "I cannot answer!"

Too funny! She really was brave, though, to take on something she wasn't sure about!

On our trip last week, we found all the buses to be extremely cold! I often wished I had a sweater or jacket with me when we got on board! Sorry you ended up with a hot one!

MauiMouse
06-16-2007, 01:22 PM
How cute of Emily and Test Track. I love sitting in Ellen too, she makes me laugh. It's also a great way to get out of the heat for a while. Another excellent day, Heather. :mickey:

Pocahontas
06-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks for your great reports. You're really making me miss Disney.

January-2007
06-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Thanks for reporting.

realtreebar
06-17-2007, 10:47 AM
great reports!

Bethis26fan
06-17-2007, 11:46 AM
another great day

#1disneyfan
06-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Another great day!